Back Again Need Help and Advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i am back again and wanted to ask for help and advice.

I am on Citalopram 10mg now 9 weeks felt better and then down again since one week i feel like lighthead all the time and pain in the chest middle and left comes and goes and shoulders and neck pain and jaw/teeth feels like numb???? my all heart test were ok.

What should i do i will be going to my GP next week should i ask him for diffrent meds or should i weenoff.

Advice and help please.

Thanks.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like anxiety? Do you feel the meds are working..
    • Posted

Thanks Lisa

I was thinking they are working but since one week they are not working i guess and its been 9 weeks on tabs side effects should go away?

• Posted

I remember when I started on them I still had little waves of anxiety for a couple months. Do you notice an overall change in how you have felt over the 9 weeks? I had some occasional light headed and dizzy Ness but I found that lots of water and less caffeine really helped
    • Posted

Hi BrownJD1 Frist few weeks were hell and then after 6th week i felt better i started to go out of the house and did day to day stuff and started driving again but since last week my chest pain is back it comes and goes and left arm paim and shoulders as i mention in the post. 

I had my full heart checkup like ct coronary angiogram and nothing wrong. 

I drink like 8 glass of water and camomile tea. 

• Posted

Yes it takes a while for the medicine to start working I read a great book which I'll have to find and post on here for you to take a look into. The main idea was that our bodies can deceive us. And that you know nothing is wrong with your heart and chest but your bodys response to the anxiety is to fool you into thinking something is wrong. So just try to tell yourself that the pain is your bodies response and while it is real it is not life threatening and just let it try to come and go naturally and I think you'll find it will appear less often and hopefully never again
    • Posted

The book was called "Help and Healing for Your Nerves" you can find it on Amazon kindle
    • Posted

Thanks for replying back I will read this book I just finished Called Dare.

People like you here on this form are our treasure. Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.