Back and chest pain since December

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 

So I was wondering if anyone has/is experiencing the same thing but it’s teally bothering me now.

I pulled my back last augustbhad physio and was fab then come December I started with a pain at the bottom of my shoulder blade that seemed to radiate to the front of my chest (under breast). It was one side originally it’s now both, I’ve been to the doctors tons, had ecg, blood tests all normal and they are saying it’s muscle strain.....I don’t know if I’ve cause anxiety with it now because especially night I’m worrying about this chest pain to the point my chests feels tight, I feel like I can’t breathe go light headed it awful.

Any advice or anyone with similar experiences had any outcomes at all.

Thank you 😊 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Tightness in chest can be a discomforting sensation experienced between the upper abdomen and the neck. Chest tightness can occur at any age and can be a sign of a serious health problem. Please consult a heart doctor. Are you having excess of caffeine, indigestion or anxiety? Any problem high cholesterol or blood pressure? you should seek medical attention right away. Please first priority is your health. 
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Lauren, it’s awful especially with my back being so painful aswell. I’ve been the doctors probably every two weeks since December had blood tests and ecg and all normal apparently. I have maybe been having more caffeine than usual but have start to cut it out fully now and I’m just drinking water. Anxiety I’m pretty confident I’ve got and bringing it on myself with worry all the time. I’m back at the doctors today again see what they say. They last time said it’s muscle strain which I’m not quite convinced but we’ll see.
  • Posted

Take Celebrex 200 mg twice a day for a period of 14 days. It has some side effects, but they are rare. Such drugs as aspirin or ibuprofen woun't help in your case. If you'll undergo MRI, there should be a degeneration process in the thoracic part of vertebra.

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, sounds like something I found was resolved several months before the excellent health professionals arrived at the same conclusion, you say the physio was fab and given that all med tests are clear  may I ask if you did any exercises in front of mirrors so you could see exactly what the physio was explaining? or if you have watched any vids of yourself to observe your posture?

I inquire about this because in my case it turned out that a long standing anxiety issue was feeding on uncertainty and producing some problematic symptoms until I was able to identify the exact trigger..if anxiety is playing a role in your case, the pain that radiated from under your shoulder blade to your chest may be an evolving panic attack which often targets the chest. One other option is, if not yet done, to request a test for vitamin D level which will help identify other possible issues that may need attention.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.