Back and leg pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone else have this problem? I have degerative disc disease, I've had it since I was 23 years old. I had a ruptured disc when I was 19, and 2 laminectomies by the time I was 30. I had my first fusion when I was 34 and am looking to get another one in a month. I have been on pain meds for the majority of my adult life, and to be honest I'm just getting tired of all of it. Suggestions?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can appreciate how tired you are of it all. I've been battling chronic back pain for 13 years and I've been on pain meds for 10 years. It certainly does get old doesn't it. You might look in your area for a chronic pain group. I think contact with other chronic pain patients helps you get through the flares and the bad times. If you do Facebook there are a number of chronic pain sites that you could join for moral support and for information. There is even one specifically for back pain. I can give you the names of those groups if you're interested, just send me a private message. BTW my name is Kathleen Kaiser. I hope your surgery works out for you. Back surgery as such a low percentage of success I think that we have to take that into consideration before we decide on surgery. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Laura

Your back history sounds like my husbands. He has degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis has had had 2 laminectomy’s and 2 spinal fusions. No relief from any except the first surgery the disc had exploded and there were pieces that had to be removed. This all started at 23 and he’s 51 now. He has been in chronic pain forever, been on all pills, tried all therapies, now he’s on morphine and a list of other drugs due to side effects of pain meds. 

He is sick of being on pills and we have been looking for alternatives to try and get him off the morphine. The only thing that has helped him is cbd oil. It is completely legal!!! He went from being on over 300 plus mg of morphine a day to 30-90mg a day. Only been on cbd for 6 weeks.  I started selling it (i am not doing a sales pitch i just feel so bad for people with back pain and watching my husband go through this for 30 years almost i can empathize with people about it) because of his amazing results and have several people that have had the same relief as well. I 100% recommend trying this. The one I have has a 30 day guarantee and is the only pure CBD oil no fillers. Just google cbd oil benefits. You will be shocked. Feel free to email me. I have other alternative things to try that my husband has had relief with as well using essential oils. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.