Back and leg pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.  My husband has suffered with back pain for many years following a vertebral fracture.  However its increased recently and for the last two weeks has had excruciating pain down the outer side of the hip as far as the knee.

Today he had facet joint injections and L4/5 injections.  He's still feeling a bit bruised and battered.  Anyone had these injections and had relief.  If so, how long do they last.  I know you can have up to three a year. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I had 4 injections. They do work. I also had a broken facet joint, which I had for 40 years and then had a spinal fusion.

• Posted

Hi Nick.  Thanks for the reply.  Did you mean you had four facet joint injections and four L4/5 nerve root injections.   How long did the relief last between injections please.  This is all new to us.  I'm really impatient and expect immediate relief but my husband is more realistic.

• Posted

Hello,

Four nerve root injections. They took 3-10 days to respond and lasted 2-3 months.

• Posted

Hi Nick.  Thanks for your help.  He's much better this morning.  Didn't need to take painkillers.  Fingers crossed.  He is very stoic but the pain he was experiencing in his back, down his thigh to the knee was excruciating and he normally has a high pain threshold.  Hope all is well with you now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.