Back and Rib Tension

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Right, suffering for 7 months straight with Health Anxiety, gone from stomach issues to head issues to neck issues, now, for 3 weeks, give or take a few days, my middle of my back, between shoulder blades and a little lower has being causing me non stop hassle....no I have to tell you I have worked 12 years in a desk job with bad posture (logical reason for the back issues) Also, recently, my ribs, bottom of both sides left and right, both front and back have become very sensitive and feel very tense, leading my Health Anxiety to go crazy, started having panic attacks again which of course does not help.....

Has anyone with anxiety had symptoms related to rib tension/ache/pain/sensations, also relating to their back area....the sensation comes and goes, if I try to take a deep breath as you do with anxiety, creates more tension in ribs. 

Just looking for some assurance, doctors on Monday but until then, need to keep my health anxiety at bay, not telling myself this is lung disease.

One more thing to add, I dont have problems with coughing or phlem, nor do I sound wheezy when I breath....but I do have Asthma also as well as allergies and IBS.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I suffer awful with my ribs and my doc assures me it is bad posture but like you it sent my health anxiety crazy.

I know it is hard but try not to worry too much

• Posted

my friend had that.  everytime she would take a breath it would.  hurt.  her muscles wer so tense it pushed a rib or something like that.  it was anxiety
  • Posted

I've had pain on the left side of my chest, all the way around to my back.  Often times it feels like I've been punched in the side of my ribs, and can be very painful.  My doctor is convinced it is muscular, however the physiotherapist and massage therapist say otherwise.  I've noticed it gets worse when my anxiety is high.
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply's guys, feels more comforting knowing that this is again just another sign of my anxiety and how much i need to control it...of course, ruling out serious conditions is always a smart thing so still, doctors should be beneficial
  • Posted

I know this was many years ago but was there any outcome, I'm experiencing the same but been told its anxiety, which i find it hard to believe.

• Posted

yes hi I've been getting shoulder blade pain that has gone now I've got rib pain under breast on right side I suffer with anxiety and I've noticed every time I get stressed or anxious it get worse I also feel nausea with it to ive been to gp he said its anxiety! but I'm really worried about it x

• Posted

I spoke to my doctor on Wednesday and she had no concerns about it, so I've just to accept it's anxiety I suppose xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.