Back and shoulder pain for more than a month

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having back pains for 1 and a half month now. Massage relieves it temporarily then it will be back again. By the way I work 8 hours a day in front of a computer for 8 years now so I'm thinking maybe it's because of poor posture. Usually it hurts in the morning specially if I overslept. When I wake up at around 10 in the morning. I take Aceclofenac and it really help, no more back pains. I take it only for 7 days, doctors rx. I was worried of the things that I read that you can't use it for a long period of time. No more back pains, but there's shoulder blade, shoulder left leg, right feet and arms pain. I don't know why I have so many pains and fatigue. Then this morning, I sleep with face facing the bed and woke up with pain on the area of my body that's been facing the bed (shoulders and rib cage) does anyone here experienced the same feeling as mine? What kind of doctor should I see? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Madel

what does your Rheum Doctor say? What diagnosis are you? RA or other form of arthritis?

Not knowing your age hard to say but I am guessing that your back pain and shoulder pain are from bad posture. Arthritis (RA and Psoratic , SKA) attack joints and tendons. 

Have you considered PT or strengthening exercises for your core muscles? That might help to support you better.  Also 15 min on and 15 off of ice pack helps swelling.  Heat 15 on and 15 off as well. Aleve, or Meloxacam are good NSAI drugs to stop swelling.

I hope you feel better!

• Posted

Havent go to a doctor yet. The last time I was on a GP they had me examined my thyroid. Done bloodtest and all is normal. By the way Im 32 years old. Female. No swelling on my body parts thats aching. It just hurt. Ive tried having reflex and massage but its just a temporary relief.
    • Posted

Hi

you are obviously concerned so see your GP again and explain the symptoms you ve been having. 

As someone else said, RA causes pain, swelling, stiffness in the Joints, so doesn't sound like that to me. Do seek help, rather than use pain killers. A physio is a good idea. My husband had back ache and a physio managed to work out it was because his hamstring was tight- so gave the right exercises for his leg and that sorted the back!

If the pain is muscular / caused by bad posture, then I think a physio might help.

• Posted

By the way, Im also doing yoga twice a week 40 minutes. Im scared thinking this might be bone cancer or other form of. I also have hyperacidity which mostly attack 2 weeks before my period. Im 5 inches tall and weight 70 kls.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.