Back at Work

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have now worked 13 days straight. I am doing better than i was two months ago but my body is still inflamed. I can still feel it. My brain and stomach mostly but i do not seem to be getting any better like i am stuck on this stage. I actually felt like this right before i became very sick with the acute symptoms. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting rid of the inflammation. I am eating very healthy taking vitamins and so on. I would say i have had this feeling for 6 months but only got very sick for the last three of it. I am thinking of doing a steroid shot to reduce it and see if will keep it down but have been told it only helps a week or so but i just figure its worth a shot. My body hurts but i just need to get rid of the brain fog and stomach issues mostly.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

please go easy. it can trigger a relapse if you don't rest x

• Posted

maybe you could try a sauna to get the rest of the toxins out . yes dont push it relapse is awful!

• Posted

Hey Josh,

Wow that is amazing that you've been able to work 13 straight days. I hope that you are managing to get some rest that would be tiring for the youngest and fittest of persons let alone someone recovering from mono. Please if you can get some days off soon and I hope you don't have to work so many more days straight in a row like that, it sounds a very punishing scheduled and you have definitely shown real courage and determination to manage that.

Herbs / supplements for inflammation include things like turmeric, omega 3/6/9 oils (flaxseed) and golden seal. I find taking ginger root, turmeric and bromelain together very beneficial. Peppermint and probiotics also great for the stomach. For concentration and brain fog, B complex vitamin, co-enzyme Q10, gingko biloba I think can be good too. Of course probably not advisable to take all these different supplements at once, but maybe some things to think about trying (always look into it first though in terms of interactions with other medications and conditions).

Want to reassure that it is very normal to feel like at a 'stuck' kind of stage in the virus. I remember having an extended phase where things had improved slightly but still didn't feel at all great and thought that was as good as things were going to get, that it was like the new 'normal'. But believe me Josh things do get better things can feel stuck with this thing or feel like it stays at the same level for a while then all of a sudden a big step forward can happen in a short space of time. So hang in there and remember that things will get better, you won't always feel this way and things won't always be so hard - your body resilience and wellness will return again over time.

Thinking about you and try not to overdo it at work - I know it's easier said than done if under pressure to keep up with job demands, but also remember your health is your wealth and is so precious and that your body needs time and space too during recovery.

Craig

• Posted

Yeah it has been tough. I have always had an extra gear and more energy to go than everyone else that got me to where i was in my job. People trusted me and counted on me for a lot but now that i am back i am a shell of my old self. I do what i can and tend to rely more on my knowledge and know how to help other people rather than do it all myself. I come home shower eat and rest a little while and go to sleep. I would not say i could not do more but i just honestly do not want to try to do more i planted a garden and am happy to work come home look at it and sleep. I was also told tumeric might help some. I will have a couple of days off next weekend and go right back into another 10-14 days straight. My body is holding together well even though i am tired and have no want to. I am eating a good but throughout the day especially when i start feeling tired it picks me up some. I am very pleased to make it this far in a month and hopefully it continues. I really believe getting out of the house has helped a good bit.

• Posted

Since i choked on some chicken a night ago they had to put me to sleep and do a scope and stretch out my esophagus. Food felt like it was getting caught in my throat and since yesterday when i woke up from that ive had a non stop headache i feel tired and the brain fog is back. I feel kind of bad again and my throat and stomach hurts i am not sure if im relapsing a little bit or it was from the surgery but i am back at work anyways i am still much better than i was. I can still function but seems to be a little set back. I got to try to eat but i think the anxiety from me choking is gonna make it hard i was worried about it taking suppliments this morning and only ate some togurt but we shall see. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for me. Thank yall.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.