Back / Buttock Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Further to my earlier posts, the back / buttock pain is making me bend forward when I am walking I cannot straighten up

Any ideas what I can do, I may have to ask my physio to tape me up so I can be in the upright position

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Speak with your physio, have you tried a brace? it's a difficult one because when my lower back became unstable about 6 months ago standing alone was unbearable let alone trying to straighten up, the back brace did help a lot but they don't like you to wear them for to long as it can weaken muscles but short term shouldn't be a problem.

I now have pain in my SI joints both sides and still have 7 weeks before my next lot of injections, the pain is moving round into my hip and upper thigh, it has been slowly getting worse over the last few days, this also has an effect on your posture, I hope you find something that works😊

• Posted

Can you give me an example of a back brace that worked for you
    • Posted

Ye, mines called sensiplast...I think my husband paid £15 from Lidl, I also have a few from the pound shop, there like a large blue band that I bought by chance and actually they are really good, I normally have 2 on starting round my lower butt then the next one higher up and my sensiplast around my waist,this is when I'm really bad, it's trial and error and it took me a while to get the right support, the sensiplast has supports that fit into the lower back, at first it was to  hard for me but now I couldn't be without it, you can get them from about £5, I wouldn't pay to much to begin with, hope this has helped😊

• Posted

have you ever had the area taped to provide support, its a bit more flexible than a belt 
    • Posted

any physiotherapist or buy some kinesiotape in Boots and look at back or buttock taping  instruction videos on you tube and get your husband to do it. Ideally get a physio to show you first = the tape can stay on for 4 - 5 days and you can shower and bath without it coming off
    • Posted

Let me know how you get on.  If you use rigid tape like zinc oxide tape  then you best use underwrap to avoid irritation you can get both at chemsts or amazon, but you use kinesiotape remember you can stretch it but the last bit should be laid flat no stretch otherwise it will just lift off    
  • Posted

I believe your problem is ankylosing spondylitis. In this condition your vertebrae fuse causing a bent over effect. Google the disease and you'll be able to read all about it. I can't post a hyperlink to it on here or it'll get monitored out.

• Posted

Thanks yes if you post weblinks your posts go to moderation and don't always get onto the site. I have had a look and will raise it with my physio tomorrow.  Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.