Back drinking heavy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm back drinking heavy again, gonnna try and cut back again this week but I've drank my way through an insane amount of alcohol this past weekend. 

Started with a works function on Thursday that involved an all day drinking session, and it's just gone down hill from there. 

It's actually making me depressed now, I just wish I could enjoy a weekend without getting blind drunk each evening.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You have recognised that you have a problem !!! Well done!!! AND you want to cut back, and enjoy "normal" social drinking, DO IT  NOW! Before you really do become an alcoholic  desperately trying to reverse the then serious problem.
  • Posted

Did you have a good time? I think this is an important question to ask. Thanks👍
  • Posted

dfaz, you mention weekends but don't talk about during the week days other than a Thursday. How's that going for you?
    • Posted

Tim I've been posting on here a while, I've always drank too much and yes I do drink through the week. If you look back at a few of my threads I've been trying to cut out the midweek drinking in the hope it would slow down my weekend drinking. 

Unfortuntely what this weekend has proven is I've no self control, I can't enjoy an evening without pushing things too far. Okay it may have only been a bottle of wine on the Friday but that was on top of an insane amount on the Thursday. I then followed that up with Vodka on the Saturday and another bottle of wine on the Sunday. 

• Posted

I am trying to switch away from the drinks that I have been on for decades to something that really doesn't taste all the same. My drink usually takes a longer time to finish and doesn't get refilled as often...hence - no hangover.

You can still be sociable and have fewer drinks. This COULD be your self-control. Good luck Dfaz...I'm backing you all the way.

• Posted

Good to hear from you dfaz but sorry to hear you're struggling again. You may have seen on previous posts that I've been on a bit of a bender and although I haven't got a major hangover I feel depressed. Alcohol sucks!!! So here we go again back to sobriety for me. It's all or nothing with me. Good luck anyway and never give up on trying :-)
    • Posted

"It's okay to make mistakes. Mistakes are our teachers-they help us to learn"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.