BACK FOR ADVICE

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, i was hear last year and used to chat to a lot of people was diagnosed with fibro around 2014 but had symptons for years. However just before xmas i was getting really serious pain, did go to my GP a few times blamed everything on the fibro and in the end December 2016 i went to A/E as thought this wasnt right, and my instinct was correct and i had a quadriple heart bypass on the 30th December, 2016. lovely xmas and new year gift lol. However recovered from that and went back to work at the end of February, but my fibro has really kicked in, the weekend i could hardly move, i see the Rhemotologist yesterday and it was my first appointment for a long time, and i explained that the pain I had when i had a bypass is nothing compared to this type of pain, he said its the fibro but as  hadnt seen him for a while he arranged for bloods to see my levels and due to go back on Monday for the results, but i really am in so much pain, my middle back is killing me, my arms and shoulders and neck are so painful, i am trying to work but i think its all gettting to much now, i am also diabetic, i turned 50 in January but i feel like a old women, i said to the rehmotogist, that i  get pan in the chest area and it scares me. Sorry if i have waffled on but i just dont know what to do anymore i how or if i can retire from work, thanks for listening xx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Lindsey

If your back is out this can effect other parts of you so consider seeing a chiropractor.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi Lindsey,

my goodness by the sounds of it, you've really gone through a lot just lately.  

I know it's no consolation, but I seem to be suffering such a lot at the moment and was quite worried so rang the Rheumy department and was told that a lot of other people have phoned in feeling the same.  She said that some fibro sufferers could expect a flare up from heat and humity and to try and remain in the cool as much as posssible and be sure to drink plenty of water. 

You did the sensible thing and saw the Rheumy who took bloods, hang on in there until the results are back, we all know that fibro feeds on stress.  Big gentle hugs x

• Posted

Hi Lindsey. So sorry that you are suffering. I know that fibro pain can flare

up after something traumatic happens to your body. Diagnosed 11 years

ago. I had chest pains a couple years ago. It really scared me. Went to the

E.R. and my heart was fine. Turns out it's Fibromyalgia. It's called costal

chondritis. Joint pain around sternum bone. Between the connective

tissue and ribs. Make sure you ask your doctor. Never mess around when

it comes to your heart.

• Posted

I have no doubt that your probably having a bad flare up of Fibro, due to the operation and stress, as that is what usually gives us fibro in the first place-a trauma., STRESS is the worst thing you can do for Fibro, but I can truly understand after all you've experienced why you are stressed..feeling for you Lindsey...try and take it easy, be blessed..have a lovely day..gentle hugs..😘💐😍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.