back, front, walking, sweating.. the lot when I'm awake?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, have posted on here before. not actually been told I have CFS but I think I have. that said, the doc's have no idea so I thought I'd ask if this rings any bells?

At the moment, I'm still in work... desk job so not too bad of then the running out of energy by mid day. PM's are starting to be a problem.

But my main area of concern is my abuility to get around. I've had pain in my Abbs for quite a time, that went into my back, down to my but, and up to my shoulders. Now its kind of pushing through my diaphragm into my front and even chest area. all my muscles are stiff and tight and even breathing is a slight effort. But now my arms and legs are getting weak... or at least feel weak... Im still trying at the gym but I sweat like made... can't do much as I sweat all the time i'm doing it, then need a sleep to recover after... even standing up is a problem as I start to gasp for breath as it all gets tight... walk and my back, but, legs ache like mad...

Have been seen by all the Doc's and they have no idea.. did think Fibro myself, but been told 3 times now by experts it's not that.

All the other bits like fog, memory etc... anyone the same or can offer any advice please as this thing sucks!! 😃

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi sounds like it could be, have they test you for other things to rule them out? The aching muscles, feeling tired , exhausted after hardly doing anything, brain fog, needing to sleep or rest to recover, Standing to long, in fact doing anything to long. I have nausea with this and often only feel a sort of 'normal' if that's what you can call it in the evenings if normal is the right word, but then its time to go to bed again. Laying down often makes legs throb even more as well. Doesn't seem to be any cure for this wretched thing either.With my son they test for everything else and they came up negative so have told him its M.E. or fibromyalgia which are very much the same. he suffers real bad in his legs and feet. Strange thing is he started getting the symptoms roughly the same age as me which is in our early 40s. Join the fibromyalgia group on face book. Also affects vision as well, sore throat and mild head aches, great a! NOT

• Posted

yes.. tested for the lot.. and nothing.. I also get a kind of restricted throat.. sometimes sore... my typing has gone to pot.. look up and there is so much red under words.. eyes can get tired easy... found Epsom Salts helps with the aches a bit... but its the ongoing aches, muscle burn and being washed out thats the worst.

Also find myself staying in where at one time I was the life of the party... gone very quiet?...

Don't think my muscles are swelling or reducing.. but they just ache! and I have quite big muscles, so they ache a lot LOL... but yes, what was a day in the garage, is now 30 mins and I'm coming out for a rest.. just stepping over things takes a lot of effort and days when I'm really bad, its like my top of my body is all over as my middle cant support it?.. a bit like I'm drunk?... stairs now appear to be a problem... one flight and thats enough.. and my breathing muscles when tired can ache also, so getting a deep breath can be hard.

The joys... but at least if I know what it is, I can start looking into things and seeing what might help...

I think it is CFS myself.. I'll see what the Doc thinks....

• Posted

those are symptoms of cfs....did they test you for fibro trigger points? It certainly sounds a lot like fibro. My dad has it, your symptoms matched his to a tee. He is better now, but im wondering about the fibro dismissal or what procedure they used? My dad was told 3 times he doesn't have fibro...only to be diagnosed a year later with it. However , both of these do overlap and some have both

• Posted

Hi Jeremy.. thats why I pushed for Fibro first off... but its the payback thing that gets me thinking.. do anything and I have to rest a lot.. do too much and I can hurt for days on end.. they didnt test for the point, but I've had my wife try and I've tried myself. I don't have the pressure points.

Didnt know muscle pain was up there in CFS so I'm re-thinking this now?

• Posted

muscle pain is indeed a major symptom for most cfs patients. I had it early on along with burning skin....ive been diagnosed with cfs, ibs and celiac. Its hard to tell what is causing what

• Posted

Well, I'm at the docs tomorrow (again).. will try to get refered to a CFS clinic... see what they say

• Posted

i would expect your doctor would of diagnosed it already if they thought it was cfs.

People need to stop self diagnosing it could be many things ranging wrong sleeping habits/ poor diet even your core muscles need strengthening to put in your mind its this or that is not positive this also will make health worse.

• Posted

I appreciate your comments, but when the doc says well we know what it isn't.. that does not help me much as each day i'm getting worst to the point now of having to stop work...

You suggest I just sit here and don't ask questions?.. sorry that's not me.

• Posted

Hi, And thanks for asking.

Well, thing continue to go down hill. Over Christmas I was very bad, but getting back to work may ease it a bit.. think its a time in bed thing maybe.

Anyway, my back is very sore and hurts mid and lower back both sides of my spine, like an ache / buring feeling. I can click my back for fun sometimes?

But its also in my Abs that are sore and feel weak, and into my diaphragm thats making breathing a bit painful. walking and standing are a problem, and top of legs are sore in the muscels as well... keeping going to the gym but I sweat in not time at all.. and get out of breath real easy now. Also bending down is hard now like I'm full all the time?

Was bad this time last year if that adds up??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.