Back hasn’t been hurting a lot struggling to walk and sleep.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My lower back (left side above my bum) has been hurting on and off for around a year. About a week ago the pain came back but was Bareable until yesterday. I’m 16 and play at a high level football collage full time, training and gym 3-5 times a week. Since yesterday bending down hurts a lot even trying to stroke my dog hurts. Sneezing hurts rhe most however only hurts for around 10 seconds. Been referred to physio but it’s hurting too much to wait for my appointment. My coach thinks it’s my tight hamstrings and has been stretching them out today. in the night whilst turning over in my sleep I wake up ro a horrible pain in my back, this has happened every night since it’s been hurting more than normal. Also I’m having to limp whilst I walk.

Anyone know what this could be? Been told it could be syatica and tight hamstrings.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Josh, very sorry to hear you are having so much back pain and it sound identical to what I suffer with. My guess would be sciatica but could also be your tendons or facet joints. You need to either have an MRI scan or at least be referred to a rheumatologist. You may not like heating this but it may be an idea to stop playing football and just do some light stretching exercise st the gym in order to let your body recover so you are not doing any serious damage. Wishing you all the best!
  • Posted

Ye josh I would push for an MRI and leave the football alone for now, better to be safe than sorry, prevention is better than cure, you do not want to end up like a lot of us on here. 

You could try ice packs wrapped in a tea towel..20 mins every hour or chiropractic treatment, this is where a doctor will realign your spine taking any pressure of nerves and discs but speak with your GP first and ask if he can recommend a good one, good luck and let us know how you go.

Listen to your body and don't push yourself until you know what's up😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.