Back lipomas !!! Crippled at 44 from this

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there , I’m new here. My first bout was at age 18. Had 2 jobs and finishing school. One day at work, my back just quit. Barely got home and was in bed 2 months. Then it didn’t bother me again until almost ten years later, this time an er doctor froze the lump and it worked. Now at 44 it decides to really mess me up. The one on the right is large, if it’s rubbed or irritated in any way boy the pain goes right into my hip. I get regular spine injections steroids because of arthritis, this last needle made things worse. Bed ridden going on 4 months. Had ct scan and my arthritis has gotten so bad and the lipoma is spasmodic sitting on muscle and nerves. If I can just get the lump pain to go away I can deal with just about anything but whatever I do makes pain worse. They can’t remove it due to how deep it is. My sister had same thing one on each side but had them removed years ago. They grew back btw, my mom also has them but has only had a couple flare ups. I’m not over weight and don’t lay around all day ( well until recently). There’s no rhyme or reason. Is there anyone out there with suggestions??? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As long as the lipoma isn’t growing on your spine, you should find a surgeon to remove it.  “They” said they could’nt remove it.  Who is “they”?  This is your body. The doctors shouldn’t be telling you what to do, you tell the doctors what you want.  A doctor tried to sell injections to me too.  I told him I did not want to “mask the pain,” I wanted to “fix” it.  Watch out for doctors/dentists who upsell If you have good insurance.  Also, try some homopathic remedies for the arthritis.  I take Curcumin but everybody is different.  See what works for you and “lots of luck” with your lipoma.
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply Sarah7272 , "They" are the many doctors I have seen over the years about these lumps. They are sitting on nerves and are deep , if they were to go in to try and remove it. There is no guarantee nerves won't be permanently damaged in and around my spine , therefore making things much worse for me. My sister had hers removed over 25 years ago while they were small and not bothering anything around it. Believe me I have tried and in some situations the doctors actually do know best. I have many health issues , fibromyalgia , arthritis , connective tissue disease. I am from BC Canada so there is no doctors trying to up sell anything. I do not pay out of pocket for any procedure done here due to our incredible medical system. I have taken many things for arthritis , I had another person recommend cur cumin along with something else for my lumps so hoping it helps with the arthritis too. Thank you for taking the time to reply . Have a nice day  

• Posted

Try taking tumeric with circumin as it absorbs better. Had lipomas for years had loads removed as painfull but found tumeric stopped pain and started to reduce size of lumps slowly. Once pain stopped you didn"t notice them half as much. Got my tumeric from amazon 1600mg tumeric and 10mg circumin  for about 8 quid for 3 months worth. Hope this helps u as much as me. I feel so much better now and lumps still shrinking. Been taking for a year and a half. All the best

• Posted

Thank you so much for the suggetions , I have been dealing with these on/off for years. I have never had any doctor give me a natural approach to shrinking or dealing with this. I also have fibromyalgia , arthritis, connective tissue disease. The list is to long for my age or liking. I will definitely give this a try. Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Have a nice day , I am glad you are doing better with the lumps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.