Back of head and neck pain - is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had issues for the past three months. Can't see an ENT until next month. I just want to know if this is normal for sinusitis, I've never had it before, just "normal" sinus infections that clear up with antibiotics. I have really bad pain on just one side of my head, I feel a lot of pressure in the back of my head, just on the right side. I cant' even lay on that side at night, I feel a stabbing pain through my ear. My ear pops and cracks, a lot, I have lots of snap, crackle and pops just when I turn or stretch my head or neck. I also have a lot of pain and pressure down the right side of my neck. I still have a lot of drainage down my throat. I feel like I have a knot at the base of my skull just next to my right ear, it seems like this is where it is all originating from.I've been on 3 courses of antibiotics, and after doing a virtual ENT visit, I am on nasal washes with steroids. I've also found mucinex to help. I get a lot of health anxiety, so this has been so worrisome to me, especially the pain in the back of my head. I just can't seem to kick this. Is this all normal? What else might help?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

im having the same issue i just dont know if my anxiety make me feel like this .but my right nostril constantly blocked forhead tight neck tension on right it also cracks sounds .my brain constantly foggy cheeks and eyes feel pressure because its warmer its making it worst. im actually thinking im loosing my mind .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.