Back of Head / Neck Cracking.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been experiencing some troubles with the lower back of my head/neck. Around 4 days ago, or 5, I've noticed a clicking in the area I located before.

However, I do have some kind of "twitch" I think it is. I cannot stop it, but I put my head back with pressure (not using my hands) and that does cause pain, but it also started the same time as the clicking happened. The clicking happens when I put my head back. If I was to bring it down to my chest and back up the clicking will start. It's one click but if I put my hand on it, it feels like multiple clicks but I can only feel one without touching it.

(I think you call it the occipital bone is where it's located)

I'm not wanting to go to the doctors yet, I'll wait till Monday probably, cause it's nothing serious I assume.

I'm also 16. (Sorry for the bad grammar.)

If anyone have any ideas (I don't take this forums as serious, I just want an idea of what it could be before I go see my GP (if it doesn't go by Monday))

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This is probably in the wrong category, I'm sorry if it is.

• Posted

Hi Lee sounds like my neck but I have arthritis and being 16 you are probably a bit young. Mine cracks and clicks and crunches especially if I have sat in a bad position. I am no GP but I bet you are like most youngsters sitting with your next forward on your phone so your neck is used to that position and when you then push it back you get the click. Just a thought and what I do is sit right back in the chair and rest my head on the back of the settee and bring phone to eye level, Not easy when you are out and about but is does help. It might be worth a visit to GP. speak to your parents and let them know so that can help you. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.