Skip to content
Ad

Neck Pain

Also known as Cervical Dystonia, Dystonia - Cervical, Spasmodic Torticollis, Torticollis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • chronic pain from head to toe just on left side of body

I am 26 yrs old i first went to my doctors 18months ago with pain in my neck, at first they thought it was a traped nerve. when i later went back and told them i had not gone away but infact was getting worse. i now have pain all the way down my left side of my body. i have pins n needles in my hand...

Last reply
  • Worried about my wife's chronic neck pain and vertigo

I joined this group in search of answers and ideas in regards to my wife's chronic neck pain. It's ruining her spirit and ability to function the way she wants to.  She has been dealing with vertigo for about 10 years. However, there would be a case every 6-8 months and last a day or two...

Posted
  • Recently diagnosed with Disc disease

Hello,  I’m a 27 Y/O female In February of 17 I noticed a pain at the top of my head off and on then a few weeks later I started having cramps in my legs went to the ER they did a CT scan on my head ultrasound on my legs and bloodwork everything came back normal except I had the flu come late March...

Posted
  • Neck pain after surgery..5 years later ? Anyone else?

Hi.I was diagnosed with cervical degeneration of spine 5 years ago.Had ACDF surgery 2012 and last June slipped disc in lower back and had surgery again. Am waiting for appointment at hospital but no luck so far.Wondering if anyone else has gone through this.Also suffer from G.A.D and health worry is...

Last reply
  • Sore neck and pain at the base of my skull

I've been experiencing a sore neck and tenderness and pain at the base of my skull. I've been doing a lot of research on this and asking questions in discussions with some relatives. I've had this before but never related it to previous diagnosises. I am borderline with high blood pressure...

Last reply
  • Strange Neck and Shoulder pain for 8 years, what do I have?!

Hello Everyone,  I have been coping with a very unusual (so it seems) condition that has had me visit every doctor where I live, and about 8 years later, I have slightly improved but I'm still always accompanied by stiffness and pain in my neck and shoulders, all the time!.  It started...

Last reply
  • Hot neck pain for weeks

Hi I found out in had glandular fever 11 weeks ago started with neck pain but it hasn't gone, my glands go up and down. My main concern is I have a hot neck on the right and side and at the back all the time! Does anyone else have this? Xx

Posted
  • chronic neck stiffness/pain

Hi, I'm a 21 year old male who has been healthy and active for the majority of my life. For over a year now I've been experiencing constant stiffness/tension in my left trap/levator scapulae/neck. The pain comes and goes depending on my activities and sleeping methods. I believe this is due...

Last reply
  • Pain in side of neck

I have a pinched nerve and it’s been hurting my neck for the past couple of years. I’ve been going to Physical Therapy 2x week, which has helped the pain to slowly go away behind my neck. I am now getting pain on the left side of my neck. If I could describe it, it feels like my neck is tight and someone...

Last reply
  • Pillow for neck pain?

Looking for recommendations on pillows that help with neck pain. I love to sleep on my stomach but I know I shouldn't do that, hard to stop, but I'll do it. Would love to hear what pillow has helped you!

Last reply
  • Hot neck

Hi My neck feels really stiff and hot does anyone else get heat on one side x

Posted
  • Neck pain and AWFUL headaches for 2 weeks after chiro?

Hi there, does anyone have any idea what might have happened to me? 2 weeks ago I was advised to go and see a chiropractor for a shoulder problem I was having.  He said he thought I had a trapped nerve in the C7 region. I said I only wanted conservative treatment so he used the adjustor (the little...

Last reply
  • Neck pain after surgery

Had neck surgery 10 months ago c6/c7 disc fusion. I have had swelling on both sides of my neck just above the clavicle. At first I thought it was my lymph nodes, but was told it was it was due to the surgery(possible fluid). Still have the swelling, and now every time I look down the act of tilting my...

Posted
  • neck, head, shoulder pains, and swollen lymph nodes in neck??

Im 22 and for years ive gotten sharp pains that would come and go in chest that would radiate to left shoulder neck and arm, ive seen multiple doctors and they cant find anything wrong. Now recently ive been experiencing for the past month little bumps pea size under my skin of my neck thst sick around...

Last reply
  • Neck Pain after Sleeping - who to see?

Sometimes when I wake up one side of my neck is very tender. It feels like the pain I experienced when I injured my neck at the gym 6 months ago. I was doing a dumbell bench press and stupidly used my neck to complete the last repitition. My question is should I go directly to my physiotherapist to...

Posted
  • Help

I'm hoping someone replays  Now I'm 2014 I was knocked over !! I suffered pain in my right shoulder that's was calcification tendinitis  I had injections by an x Ray yet nothing worked so lived with moderate pain since and now wee on 2017 , yet I've got used to that aching...

Posted
  • lots of issues with my neck and back.

hey guys i have these problems since my mid teens and i'm nearly 20 now at first they wear bearable but as ive got older it has gotten and make doing daily things like my morning run really hard. im just going to list of the problems ive had and if you have any help it would be greatly appreciated....

Last reply
  • My shoulder and arm hurt when I lift up my head

When I lift up my head to look up, my left shoulder by he neck start to hurt and travel down to my left arm,  my left arm hurt so bad that is unbearable! The pain is not as bad when I look down.  It is very difficult for me to find a position to sleep without pain! Anyone advice would much...

Posted
  • Neck pain what should I do?

I was sleeping on my tummy and I turned my neck to the left I guess too far or quick. But I believe it was too far. I heard this pop sound. Since then I have this pain on my right side of my neck. I can't move my head up or down and I can't turn to the right without pain. I can turn to the left...

Last reply
  • Poor posture

I have Poor posture as a result of slouching over a laptop for many years as a student. After searching google I believe I have Anterior pelvic tilt and Winged scapula. This causes me migraines and tension headaches. Please can anyone recommend how I might fix this? Would Pilates or weight...

Posted
  • Neck,back pain and headaches constantly

Hi i hurt my back at work a year ok from lifting things that were too heavyfor me. I got  repetitive strain injury and the muscles in my neck  became inflamed. i had 12 sessions of Physio on the NHS. My neck felf fine as long as i do no excercise or lifting. as soon as i began doing excercise...

Last reply
  • stiff neck and tight traps

hey guys i have slight foward head posture and i think it had lead me to having a stiff neck. (dont know for sure). i can click my neck when i ever i want which is is worrying. i also have really tighs traps that are almost rock solid. i dont do very hard upperbody exercise but i 5 times a week so the...

Last reply
  • Ongoing shoulder and neck pain, eye and jaw..HELP!!!!!!

Where do I start, 14 years ago after my son was born I started to get a terrible achy burning type pain in my left shoulder blade. The pain would shoot up the left side of my neck into my ear and eye.  This will cause me terrible headaches and Migraine.  After a MRI of my head, and Cervical...

Last reply
  • Weird pain in neck and head

I've had tightness in the right of my neck for a few months now. The severity seems to vary, sometimes my shoulder aches, other times I get shooting pains from the base of my skull upwards. Also it sometimes feels like there is something actually in my skull if that makes sense? Like a swelling or...

Last reply
  • Neck pain! Am I paranoid?

Hi,  So I will start from the beginning, in the beginning of April I was just driving and i began to feel my neck pulse pounding on the right side of my neck only, like it was pounding out of my neck. It was very weird,  later that night, I began feeling a shooting pain down the right side...

Last reply
  • Going nuts with neck pain x 3 months

My neck pain started about 3 months ago.....in my right jaw and along to my chin.....then I got a sore throat on the right side.....the doctor thought it was allergies.....put me on six days of steroids.  Pain went away but came back as soon as the steroids were done.  So back to doc.....another...

Last reply
  • Severe neck pain when I try to turn my head?

Sometime last night I woke up, and when I tried to lift my head, I felt a pop in my neck. It only hurt a little bit, like when you sleep with your head in an awkward position. I went back to sleep, but when I woke up this morning it still felt like i'd slept on it wrong. After struggling with sharp...

Last reply
  • Neck pain, trapped nerve?

I am posting about my boyfriend. He's complained of neck pain and stiffness for years and years.. since he was 18 (now 26). He had terrible pain and numbness & tingling all down one side of his body once so he went to hospital. They checked him and told him everything was fine and normal, a...

Last reply
  • Muscle knot or bony mass?

Hi About a month ago I was feeling my neck muscles, on the left side, and found what is either a really tight knot or an out of place bone mass. I really have no idea. The location is behind my ear, about a finger width beyond where my jawbone connects to my skull. The mass appears to be attached to...

Posted
  • Slow pain on left side of throat only

For about a week now I've had a pain on my neck that builds up slowly and then hits me hard with a sharp pain if I do something with my mouth/jaw for too much, as in talking, yawning, opening my mouth, swallowing, and chewing. It feels like something sharp poked me like a pencil. If I do something...

Last reply
  • Throat and neck tightness with strangulation feeling

I have had a terrible year this year with medical conditions . Prostatitis that's lasted just over three months and still waiting bladder camera . Lower back issue with herniated disc causing alot of pain . Costochondritis which even when not severe it always seems to be affecting the ribs or sternum...

Posted
  • Neck pain on one side for six weeks

Hello, For six weeks I am struggling with a weird and mysterious pain in the left side of my neck. I think right in my sternocleidomastoid muscle. I've visited three doctors and one ENT-doctor who checked my neck and my throat, but they couldn't find anything. I even visited a dentist and he...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.