Skip to content

Neck Pain

New discussion Join group Also known as Cervical Dystonia, Dystonia - Cervical, Spasmodic Torticollis, Torticollis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • amanda87185 3

Neck pain after surgery..5 years later ? Anyone else?

Hi.I was diagnosed with cervical degeneration of spine 5 years ACDF surgery 2012 and last June slipped disc in lower back and had surgery again. Am waiting for appointment at hospital but no luck so if anyone else has gone through suffer from and health worry

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • michelle99912 2
  • Delta94505 1

Severe pain in upper right side of neck from overuse?

I'm 50 and in good health. Last week I was installing and taping drywall overhead. I am right handed. I developed a severe muscular pain on the right upper side of my neck just up to the bone behind my ear. Nothing seems to help, not ice, not heat, not pain relievers. Rolling on a foam roller doesn'

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • paulfoel 3

Neck/Shoulder pain - GP says its neck/vertebbrae

Feels like a really stiff neck. When I turn to one direction the pain shoots down my neck, shoulder, upper arm. Also, my whole shoulder area is sore. Been like this for 8 weeks or so now. Co-codamol helps a little as does ibuprofen gel. GP says its neck/vertebrae related. Has also given me

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jenniertlewis 1

Neck pain and AWFUL headaches for 2 weeks after chiro?

Hi there, does anyone have any idea what might have happened to me? 2 weeks ago I was advised to go and see a chiropractor for a shoulder problem I was having.  He said he thought I had a trapped nerve in the C7 region. I said I only wanted conservative treatment so he used the adjustor (the little

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • JCJune 1

Post-Exercise Neck Pains - what should I do?

Hi, in recent weeks, I've begun running for the first time in 9 years. After a couple of weeks, I did 3 early-morning 10k runs in 8 days and pain started kicking in in my neck and head. I was instructed by a GP to reduce the running to max 6.5K, but even so, my neck and head now hurt so much

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tanvir23 2

chronic neck stiffness/pain

Hi, I'm a 21 year old male who has been healthy and active for the majority of my life. For over a year now I've been experiencing constant stiffness/tension in my left trap/levator scapulae/neck. The pain comes and goes depending on my activities and sleeping methods. I believe this is due to a

53 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • chris05340 2

Cervicogenic headache?

Hey guys Can anybody help? I've been having issues for the past year or so and I think it's stemming from my neck. I get what I think is dizziness. Like a woooooo sensation in my brain. I can be off balance and wobbly while walking. I can get vertigo and visual vertigo. The right side at the

• obin 59956 1

Strange pain.

HI all, I have been undergoing alot of strange pain throughout the left hand side of my body. I have serious pains on the left hand side of my head, back of left head, neck through the shoulders in a single profile down to my left back. I have suffered with this pains for nearly a year now. The

• anne02830 2

Neck,back pain and headaches constantly

Hi i hurt my back at work a year ok from lifting things that were too heavyfor me. I got  repetitive strain injury and the muscles in my neck  became inflamed. i had 12 sessions of Physio on the NHS. My neck felf fine as long as i do no excercise or lifting. as soon as i began doing excercise again

42 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lauraspot 2

chronic pain from head to toe just on left side of body

I am 26 yrs old i first went to my doctors 18months ago with pain in my neck, at first they thought it was a traped nerve. when i later went back and told them i had not gone away but infact was getting worse. i now have pain all the way down my left side of my body. i have pins n needles in my

128 replies 10 votes Last reply
  • ben73 1

Strange feeling in left side of neck

It started about 5 days ago, I was sitting at my desk and all of a sudden I started to get an ache under the left side of my jaw, and soon after a headache began, for the rest of the day, I went to lie down hoping it would go however it didn't until the next day. The next day the headache was gone

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Monkey16 3

Advise - thudding in chest when rubbing nexk

Hi All, I am currently waiting on the results of a neck MRI I was hoping someone may be able to help/offer advise with a particular symptom I have - it feels as though I may have a small lump/knot in the back of my neck just to the right of my spine sometimes it feels not to bad and then after a

• Tigerlily84 2

Weird pain in neck and head

I've had tightness in the right of my neck for a few months now. The severity seems to vary, sometimes my shoulder aches, other times I get shooting pains from the base of my skull upwards. Also it sometimes feels like there is something actually in my skull if that makes sense? Like a swelling or something,...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • brendan1991 1

Lower Right Neck Vein Bulging and Pulse

Hi, For the past year I've had a small, but noticable lump just above my collarbone on only the right side of my neck. It feels like a vein as it does have a pulse. I am only concerned because I do not feel the same vein on the left side and also when I move my neck in a certain way there is a

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • alexaskar 1

I feel something in my neck

I started smoking on September 12 and stopped on February 18. I was usually smoking a pack a week (like 2-3 cigarettes a day). This monday I smoked a single cigarette and since Wednesday I feel something in my neck and it doesn't get better or worse.. I don't know anything about this and I am

• dsunbaba 1

pain on left side of d body.

It's been 2years now dat I hv been experiencing dis aching on my left side of d body. The pain is from my shoulder down to my toes. Especially the stomach MRI Bt nothing is ur suggestion.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • cola211 1

Severe neck pain when I try to turn my head?

Sometime last night I woke up, and when I tried to lift my head, I felt a pop in my neck. It only hurt a little bit, like when you sleep with your head in an awkward position. I went back to sleep, but when I woke up this morning it still felt like i'd slept on it wrong. After struggling with sharp

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • cj63 2

At a loss

My partner has had ongoing neck pain following some kind of accident approx 8 years ago. I don't know all the details as this was long before I met him. Following the accident, he had all kinds of imaging etc done and was given the all clear. But over the past 5 years, most noticeably the last 6 months,...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Im10years 1
  • anne92030 4

right side neck pain and dilated pupil

i developed terrible neck pain on the right side especially under the skull upper) aching in the temple behind skull  and my right eye has a pupil more dilated , my eyelid is closing a bit more due to light or muscle weakness, i am tired and it disables me, and i have a vestibular dysfunction on

• rebecca83801 2

Neck pain with dizzyness and sickness

Hi for the past 5/6 days or so I've been suffering with my neck it's been quite painful the pain starts from the bottom of my hairline to the tops of my shoulders. It's making me feel sick and really dizzy I phoned the doctors and they just said take pain relief that hasn't worked it's alot worse

• noah51690 2

Neck pain.

I need somebody to relate to right now. I woke up like a normal morning should go until I lifted my head. I am NOT a morning person and this pain made me jump! I try to get ready for school but the pain was so bad that I thought I broke something in my neck. When I try to look down or to my right

• miele55255ch 4

2 Neck Surgeries still n pain. What's next option?

I have had OA and Spinal Stenosis of the neck since 2005. I had an Anterior Cervical Disc Fusion in 2006 and a Posterior Laminectomy with Fusion in 2011. I've had severe pain for the last year similar to the pain I had previously. I went to surgeon and he said all hardware was in place but have OA

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • richard25778 1
  • eli64369 1

I always think im dying

I am a 21 year old male and i have had quite a bit of visits to the doctor. So since a few years ago that i graduated from hs i have had bad anxiety and its getting worse im told. But about 2 months ago i woke up noticing a pressure feeling behind my eye and it would switch to the next eye the day

1 reply 2 votes Last reply
  • kim26095 2

Pain management

has anyone been referred to a pain management clinic? I would love to know what happens on first appointment? Did it help you?

• harley828 2

Help.

I'm writing this from my bed as I'm experiencing the worst pain I've ever felt. As my partner left our bed this morning to leave for work, I turned around quickly to kiss him goodbye and I felt a sudden pop in my neck, it hurt, but I was extremely tired so I fell back asleep and forgot about it.

• michelle150374 2

C5&C6 discs unaligned, damaged nerve=pain😕

Hi wanted to see if anybody could offer some advice/info? I was in a car accident 12 years ago, basically lived off physio since then but maintained a very active lifestyle- running, gym, Thai boxing. The adrenalin and exercise helped with the constant knotty ache. Two years ago I got a bulging

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • jw454 3
  • kylie31514 1

It hurts so bad!!!

This morning i moved my neck back and then right after that my neck got the worst pain. I can't move my neck at all without it hurting so bad. when i sit down it hurts. Idk what to do

• kevin61733 1

Neck pain

I woke up with a very sharp pain on the right side of my neck.. i cant turn my head right or keep my head straight it really hurts .. i need help

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • louise15240 2

Beck/ shoulder pain

For about a month now or had pain in my shoulder going up towards my neck , also in my neck and back of head . I do suffer from health aniexty bad so dunno if it's that or something else . My trapezius muscle feels tender too. Anyone else had it ?

• Hayhue 5
  • Needhelp asap 6

Neck pain,head pain,lump on my neck,need some insight please!

So hey, I've recently got back my neck pain in a more constant way. I've always had neck pain due to bad posture I think but it would last for hours and it'd come when I'd sit in the same position for hours.  Recently  I got my neck pain back but it was constant, it lasted for a week and so and I

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions