Ruining my life since 2013!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am now 38 years old and It all started one day whilst I was driving along , All of a sudden a very sharp stabbing excruciating pain in the right side of my neck. The pain lasted around twenty seconds and was so painful it took my breathe away.

What followed this has been years of problems I suspect to be related to that first onset of pain.

Over the last 8 years my symptoms have been , the same kind of pain whilst sleeping and woken me up when my head is turned to the left whilst lying down , clicking on my right side arm and shoulder , slight numbness on the right side , pins and needles coming very easily when leaning on my right side , Fatigue only on my right side shoulder arm neck and legs, and generally feeling that my whole right side is not attached to my body , I also notice some muscle waste and right side dropping compared to the left side.

It feels like I have less circulation on my right upper side of my body and everything seems to make a clicking noise more , My right arm pit emits body odour when my left side does not even after a jog , my right side arm seems to perspire more than the left side.

I also feel like the right side of my face seems different and feels different to my left side.

I have so far from the NHS had a nerve test, MRI test , x-rays and some physio all without success and I was told that I am basically imagining it or that it is psychological which obviously I disagree with as its me that has to live with this and it is really effecting me.

I believe that the MRI was not looked at correctly and did not focus on the neck area enough , instead of the shoulder area. I also don't know if this could be somehow related to my past experiences , in 2013 I was going to the gym a lot and having the bar across the back of my neck with all of the weight on, one day I felt something move.

also in the past I have had a blow to the left side of the head, and was knocked unconscious for a short while , Also I have in the past broken my Right leg tibia and did not receive any Physio on rehabilitation at the time , all factors I think about now that may have something to do with my issue.

I work as a photocopier engineer for a living and this involves a lot of driving as well as physical and mental work.

I have always been an active person , I am 12 stone and 5"10 .

I hope someone out there recognises my problem because I am desperate now to find a solution.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

how are your pain symptoms ? any improvement or diagnosis ? i am also 38 with stabbing pains on both sides of neck for the past 6 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.