severe pain in neck and shoulders

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my name is John and I'm new here. Looking for some advice as I don't know what to do.

About a week ago I woke up with a really stiff neck. As the week went on, my neck started to make a clicking noise (it still is) and when I was able to move my neck, it hurt like hell.

Then a few days ago, my shoulders started hurting. When I walk I get shooting paints at the tips of my shoulders and down my arm. When I turn my head, even slightly, i get a shooting pain through my shoulders and at the top of my spine. The origin seems to stem at the back of my neck.

When I try to hold my head upright, i get a shooting pain at the top of my spine, same if I tilt it back.

I was sitting on the sofa and i stretched and suddenly i got a jolt all down my body and my feet felt cold. It was like a lightening strike through my entire body.

I had a phone appointment with a doctor who just prescribed me Naproxen. Even with these meds, the pain stays the same. My range of movement is very limited.

So with the above, would you say its just a trapped nerve or stiff neck and nothing to worry about?

Thank you for reading!

John

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey buddy hope you are feeling better by now. i know the feeling. ive been battling my neck/shoulder pains for a few years. if you arent feeling any better check out TOS syndrome.( Thoracic outlet syndrome )this may lead you down a path of explanation. best of luck pains in the neck are evil.

• Posted

I had the same thing while have it was due to referral pain have you had an MRI done

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.