Strained neck muscles - need advice!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Desperate for advice here. Strained neck muscles at the base of my skull while exercising one month ago. First 2 weeks the pain was unbearable. It's now been 4 weeks and I still have a lot of tenderness at the injury site and soreness in the muscles extending from the site going towards the front of my neck. I feel like I've hit a plateau in terms of the area healing and am depressed I'll never fully recover from what seems to be severe tear/strain? Getting an MRI tomorrow.

Is it unusual to be in a lot of pain 4 weeks post-injury? Have any of you had experience with a soft-tissue injury in this area?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.