chronic pain from head to toe just on left side of body

Posted , 156 users are following.

I am 26 yrs old i first went to my doctors 18months ago with pain in my neck, at first they thought it was a traped

nerve. when i later went back and told them i had not gone away but infact was getting worse. i now have pain all the way down my left side of my body. i have pins n needles in my hand sometimes goes numb my bones hurt its as if they are being pulled and twisted i am alot weaker now in my left side also that side of my face hurts aswel my musles at the back of my shoulder and my neck often spazrm.i was sent for an xray which nothing showed up they then sent me for a neck mri scan when the scan finnished the people that did the scan on me asked me what was going on i told them and they said to me they thought i should be having a brain scan by the sound of it not a neck scan.

i am so confused my doctors say they dont know what is wrong so now just say oh you have chronic pain we think. but i dont understand why when i had my MRI why they said they thought i should be having a brain scan can anybody help me with this or give me any advise? i am so stressed out with all this i know something is not right i know my know body but its as if know body wants to find out know that they have put down that it maybe chronic paini would be so greatful if someone could explain

17 likes, 216 replies

216 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I am currently having the same symptoms. It started in my arm, pain and tingliness all the way to my fingertips. I have also experienced tingliness in my face and pain in my bones (on left side of body). I've gone to the doctor and my doctor ordered 3 MRIs, one of the brain. Unfortunately my insurance sucks and they denied all 3 MRIs. We have repealed their denial and hope I am able to get a scan soon.
    • Posted

Google fibromyalgia. That's what your symptoms sound like to me - and just about everyone else in this thread. I was very fortunate to find a good doctor who has been worth his weight in gold helping me with this. There is no cure, but there are medications that can provide relief. 
    • Posted

Hi Nicola, I have no been diagnosed yet with FM but conditions are the same as described in the thread. Just to confirm the symptoms can you mention the type of medicines you are using. Like antibiotics , pain killers or anti depressants. i get some relief with anti depressant called clomfranil.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited

Im in the States and have the same problem, found this post from a google search, my hip is the worst of my pain , they can not figure out what is going on.

I get flash headaches, blurry vision, face, neck, shoulder, every thing on my left side.

My hip and thigh feel like im being stabbed with knives.

I have gone thru xrays, blood work, mri, ct scans. All puzzle the doctors.

• Posted

Fibromyalgia. I sound like a stuck record on this thread, I know, but I have fibromyalgia and that's what my symptoms were like before I got treatment. I hope you get better soon. 
    • Posted

I have been only given plaqinil for my fibro and my symptoms have worsened to the above pain in whole left side of body. May I ask what treatment your getting that is helping you? I am even getting more fatigued, try
    • Posted

Hello, Bryan! Did you get any diagnose? I have exactly the same symptoms as you and I do not know what is wrong with me.
    • Posted

Did you check your Vitamin D levels as well
    • Posted

I see you posted about a year ago I have all my symptoms under Lauraspot. did you find out anything concerning your symptoms?
    • Posted

Hi Nicole I have all the same symptoms on the left side?? and been diagnosed with fibromyalgia too. Can I ask what your treatment and medication is? And have you been able to manage it
    • Edited

Please understand fibromyalgia is just a made up word for pain that doctors have no answer for .. 1. Because they don't want to investigate and 2. Because traditional doctors are not educated in treating autoimmune - they are only educated on treating the symptoms- which is what fibromyalgia is.. it's a symptom of something bigger that is going on .. 

• Posted

Agreed 100%! Everyone should be very wary of letting a doctor diagnose and medicate you for a condition that there is no objective criteria for. 

There are a lot of auto immune disorders, hereditary disorders, and inflammatory disorders that cause neuropathy. All of them are time consuming and expensive to test for. Accepting fibromyalgia is practically a verbal contract with your doctor that you are ‘ok’ enough to carry on with no answer. Doctors tried to diagnose me with fibromyalgia even when I kept telling them I did not have pain. 

...still don’t know what I have after 5 MRIs and about 100 blood tests, but I’m working with my neurologist currently to have nerve conduction tests done. If he won’t order them, I’m taking it to complaint and an independent review board. 

• Posted

U r right... I am from India.. I also have the same symptoms except pain on face, I had done my thyroid level test uric acid test and so many test..bt all are normal and my doctor was confused and finally confirmed as FM.. but they told me that there is no specific treatment for this and I have to change my life style... Some months later I decided to consult another doctor he asked me to check my vit D levels but unfortunately it was only 3 and he prescribed me the supplements... Now I have my D level 20 and it's normal level is above 30..i hope after completing the supplements I will be better... So my request to all those who have the same symptoms must check their D level...

• Posted

I feel the same. I also have neck pains and low back pains on the left side. recently my left shoulder has been limited to moving and now for the past three days my left eye has been Twitching. my hip and ankle go out all the time and I'm just now getting a brace to help me walk because they found out that some muscles behind my left shin no longer activate. I was diagnosed with autonomic dysfunction, I recieved new ligaments in my left ankle that straight up disappeared, and fibromyalgia. but I think I have something else. I take meds for fybro but they don't do much for me.

• Posted

also in 2019 I had to get my left ovary removed because it was not functioning

• Posted

my vit d levels and all blood work is good. my oxygen levels drop when I sleep but other than that I feel the same as you and don't know why.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.