Neck and head pain after massage

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey

I went for a massage (got free gift card). Didn't have any pain, was just hoping to get enjoyable relaxing massage.

The therapist gave back, shoulder and neck massage. The process was painful and not what I was hoping. My mistake was not interrupting the massage and leave or at least say clearly that this is painful.

Now it is almost a week after the massage. When I wake up in the morning my neck hurts where the muscle connects the skull and it radiates to head. That's where the therapist also massaged. It felt like the therapist was "putting fingers into my brain" so to say.

I get up earlier than usually and I don't feel like staying in the bed as it doesn't feel good. Before the massage I didn't have problems staying in bed even over 10 hours during my free days and I didn't have any neck or head pain. Now I wake up after 6 to 7 hours and it hurts.

My back also hurts from the left side when I do manual dish washing (yes I do it). It feels like the muscles become kinda cramped for some reason. I didn't have this problem before the massage. This is less irritating than the neck/head pain.

Any thoughts? I hope things to return the way they were. Of course I also feel frustration. Was thinking of giving feedback to the therapist so at least other people wouldn't need to experience this kind of stuff. And to let the therapist know what consequences the massage had for me.

"Don't fix it if it's not broken".

Thoughts, comments appreciated!

Petteri

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.