Back of knee pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

After a skip on some water at the weekend my daughter has had pain in the back of her knee, she can move her leg but it’s painful and she can’t put much pressure on it’s to stand she has special need so (PWS) and Ian 24

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Courtney

irt sounds like it could be a meniscal tear.  I’ve had two I need the past.  Very painful and my knee kept locking.  Your daughter will need an MRI, maybe a small operation.  Of course, it could be nothing, just a sprain.  I hope so for your daughters sake.

best wishes

Sue x

• Posted

I had pain that started in the back of my knee. The pain eventually was in the inside part of my knee. It turned out that I had a menesicus tear. If the pain doesn't get better, I would get an X-Ray.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.