back of leg

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am at the 2 month mark and feeling good except for still not being able to sleep in my bed and unable to step down due a step to tendon pain in back of leg. I am doing stretching exercises but may have hip surgery coming up in Oct. I am open to suggestions.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am now 16 weeks down the line, but when I was at your stage I found it easier to sleep more upright. I think I had 6 pillows at one stage.

I also had to have my bad knee on top of the bed as could not bare anything touching it.

Hope this may help.

Keep going......

Sue

• Posted

I had pain at the back of the knee too,also couldn’t sleep until the surgeon said you cannot put a pillow directly under your knee to sleep on a night,but he said you can put a pillow length ways the rest you leg on top and this was brilliant the pillow supported you led and behind the knee too just made it so more comfortable.im 8 months post op and my knee is fantastic I need the right knee replacing too and have no quarms about having it done.

• Posted

Sorry didn’t check the predictive text should say ‘then rest your leg on top of the pillow’
    • Posted

Sorry should have said I am a side sleeper. Have tried pillow between legs but only works for short time then I end up back in the recliner. Thank you for all of your kind comments.
  • Posted

Have you tried lay in a toss the bed on you stomach with your leg hanging off at the knee. This is awkward looking but it allows gravity to do the work of stretching all the soft tissues. To start with you won't be able to do it long. 5 reps and hold to count of. 3 to 5 seconds. Gradually increase reps and count till you are up to count of 10 and 10 reps. This will take awhile. Don't let anyone in the room with a video sound camera as you don't want this to go viral😂. Greatest are watching exercise I've ever used in all 11 of my surgeries and 5 complete rehabs

• Posted

Yes...  OFG1's exercise will help.  The problem could also be your hamstrings.  I would do some exercises to stretch them out as they shorten with misuse.  Get some Voltaren Gel (RX in the US)...GREAT topical anti-inflammatory and pain reliever.

• Posted

Thank you am doing stretching exercises and they are helping. Dr. Will not give Voltaren gel due to other meds I am on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.