Back on antibiotics again Help

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is my third bout of antibiotics just finished liquid diet a few days ago primary care physician says soft low fiber food no meat I am so hungry buy I am afraid to eat anything can anybody help I'm weak and quite fatigued

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Ellen I too had to do 3 rounds of antibiotics, make sure you take probiotics, Florastor is best, drink lotsa fluids , heating pad helps and tylenol. The mayo clinic diet for diverticulitis is best to follow, but no dairy is best. Website Diverticulitis pain free foods is what I go by. I was afraid to eat also lost 32 lbs. Do Tumeric, cumamin, pepper together, you can add to your food daily. Apple cider vinegar with lemons help also. Teas also. Stay away from caffeine red meats and fiber foods for now. It takes a while to heal and antibiotics make you feel worse. Pepsid ac and tums help also. Lotsa rest and patience. Hope that helps a little. This is a good place to get good info, everybody is diff you just have to find what works best for you. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I will look up that website I hope you are feeling better now
    • Posted

Hi Edie this is Ellen my doc that I just got off the phone with said no lactose free either that it's to hard to digest But please consult your doctor You may b able to tolerate it in small quantities I am drinking small quantities of Almond milk no sugar

• Posted

thank you Ellen.  I've also been eating a lot of sugary things lately.  Could that cause a flare up.  Don't think I have infection, just discomfort and bm are messed up.  Was diagnosed late February and sent home from hospital with not much information.  Just gets frustrating b/c you never know how you're going to feel from day to day.  Had to cancel a dental appointment tomorrow and waited a long time for it.  Find this group very informative and it's great for support.

• Posted

no dairy at all when your recovering nor sugar or caffeine, I did cranberry juice, apple juice, organic beef bone broth, Gatorade, jello while on the liquid part, then soft diet, cream of wheat cereal, mashed potatoes, soup, crackers, toast, canned fruit like peaches pears, canned carrots and green beans, applesauce , do all sugar free , rice , pastas. No skins or seeds. You can find a good plan on Diverticulitis pain free foods or the Mayo Clinic DD diet. Hope this helps. I changed my entire way of eating , lot of fish, chicken no red meat or dairy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.