Back on celexa 10mg please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

the past 12 months have been horrendous , started celexa 20mg and had absolutly horrific side effects at the beginning , i felt it was working but with work at the time and the doctors silly appointment procedure having to call at 8 to find they dont have an appointment then repeat every day, so after going a while without celexa i was then terrified of starting back on them with the bad side effects, the doctor put me on mirtazapine and that did nothing apart from making me feel really groggy all day so this time the doc has pescribed 14 days 10mg celexa and 14 days 20mg with proprananol i had my last mirtazapine wednesday night 11pm so to get to the point what should i do regarding the 10mg celexa? what is the best time to take? before bed? morning ? i really am scared of the side effects starting them again but i know i have to because im at rock bottom now

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i take mine in the morning usually as when i take at night i dont sleep as well, however when i forget i just take in the evening. i wouldnt worry though.

hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Hiya hun, i have upped my dose of citalopram from 30mgs to 40mgs about 3 weeks ago I ain't gunna lie for the first 2 weeks it's proper hard even tho i only upped my dose my anxiety went threw the roof an so did my depression I'm on a week 3 now of it an I do feel abit more better then what I was but the thing is it does take 4 to 6 weeks to get into ur system it does take time but if ur really concerned after a week of taking them just speak to us GP but just remember it takes time and patients an it won't work over night!!

• Posted

James you need to allow enough time for your new medication to work, upwards of five weeks, the dose of this medication is quite low so I would imagine as you settle down the dose will be increased to the standard dose.

It is very important you give the drugs time to work, changing medications having not given them long enough to work is counter productive all that will happen is you will pester your GP to change and change again, eventually you will find medications suitable will become in short supply as the list gets less and less. Be patient and give the medications time to work

BOB

• Posted

FYI: proprananol is known to have anxiety as a "common" side effect... not for everyone, but since you already are dealing with anxiety... ???

Maybe Klonipin would be better short term for your anxiety? Very frustrating that antidepressants, supposedly great for anxiety and depression... can cause both... at least for awhile! Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

3rd day now on 10mg and it is going better than i was expecting , total loss of appitite though , im still managing to go to work, i really cant afford any time off so thats good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.