Back on lansoprazole

Posted , 4 users are following.

i managed to stay off them for ten days before endoscopy before bad reflux occurred. im now having to take ppi and zantac and still i have bad reflux. how long can it take for ppi to calm it all down again? I was down to about 30 mg a day. today ive taken about 45 mg and still struggling

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary,

Overall these tablets will not do anyone any good but, maybe you are realizing that yourself now. Have you tried having a couple of teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water, acid reflux is generally due to low acid not high, doctors treat it as high acid they do not know it is the opposite. You could also have a 1\4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water, that is brilliant for stomach issues.

• Posted

hi gary it takes ages for mine to settle down THE PPI WILL HELP IN TIME

• Posted

Reflux is frequently due to insufficient acid. It however manifests as if there is too much of the stuff, splashing on the walls of the esophagus. Baking soda helps to calm down the heat and corrosion on the esophagus. That however is a palliative as more acid is very often the way out. That brings up the issue of eating yoghurt and taking apple cider vinegar. A spoon in a glass of water just before bedtime does wonders. Another glass on waking up kicks your stomach into full gear and gets you all the acid you need. As for yoghurt, make it low fat.

• Posted

i have been diagnosed weak les from endoscopy. Does what you say above still apply?

• Posted

if you have a weak les i cant see hie the above comment can help you

• Posted

Gary, when I had GERD/GORD I found an exercise for the les and it did seem to help.

First thing in the morning before breakfast, stand up straight breath in fully through the nose then blow out hard through the mouth, repeat 15 times. Then balance on toes, then drop hard on to heels 10 times, I know it sounds strange but it did work to strenghen the les muscle.

What eventually stopped the reflux, a year ago I started making and drinking kefir, I bought the kefir grains on amazon, use full fat milk and drink it everyday. It is a very powerful probiotic and needs to be started slowly, I was not told that and drank too much too soon and had a month of 'die off'.

As you can see I am not a fan of pharmaceutical drugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.