back on the medication and i dont know if it will do the same and help me once more.

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive had anxiety since 8th grade. im 23 now. the anxiety i deal with isnt because im scared something. i guess im just born with a neurotransmitter imbalance that puts me in a anxious mood. but what reall scares me is what it does to my head. the thoughts, the feelings, the intrusive thoughts, the overwhemling thoughts, irrantional thoughts, and so on making me believe im going insane or wouldnt be able to control myself. i wasnt able to enjoy anything with family or in general. not even peace in my on home. thoughts of suicidal just because i wanted all that to stop. but after so many years I finally went out to get help. talked to a doctor and then started talking fluoxetine. after a few weeks of hell i started to feel great. the smile on my face was real, the thougths were normal, i was living and everything was so beautiful. i was at peace and in control. so over time i was living and thought i didnt need it anymore, i can overcome it by myself. months pass and i was fine til one day it hit me and put me in the dark place again. i recently was put on the medication and idk if im still adjusting, if its not gonna work anymore, i dont know.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mine actually started as health anxiety, always scared I had some major problem with every little symptom I would get. Now I am just anxious over being anxious, no real reason. Mind is constantly racing about everything under the sun. I think if they helped you before that they would help you again, if not then maybe your doctor would try one of the others as it's like a game of roulette with SSRIs. This is my first time trying some and am 43 days in, 30 on 10mg and 13 on 20mg now. I have some good days and then some not so good, then like today it has been horrendous. Nausea and feeling drained. How long have you been back on?
    • Posted

About 3 weeks now. It's just been a battle with myself. Imy trying to remember how the good days felt to give me hope and a little break to happiness but all I can remember is the bad. It's like the anxiety is keeping me from remembering. I hoping to wait it out and once again be balance. Thank you so much replying. Knowing I'm not the only one give me abit of peace.
  • Posted

This medication takes time to adjust to you will eventually level out
    • Posted

I hope that is it. It just in the process of me fighting with myself. Thanks for replying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.