Back on the meds

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys I’m back on the citalopram after 2 years off and I’m off starting on 10mg and then off to 20mg in two weeks but I feel like the medication has changed it makes me feel so sick and gives me such bad insomnia has anyone else noticed this before I didn’t have that many issues?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. 

Yes my first two weeks with citalopram gave me super bad insomnia. Doc recommend taking Benadryl or melatonin vitamins an hour before bed. I am now able to finally sleep. Try it out!

• Posted

Hi Ashton. Absolutely empathise with those symptoms. Much more nausea going back on them this time around as well. The insomnia does happen too as the anxiety gets worse before it starts getting better. I have the lovely folks on here to remind me that it is a hard journey but that it will get better. Do stick it out - it definitely takes time. As much as I too struggle to believe it right now, it does get better as it has done before. Look after yourself!
  • Posted

Hi

I've been on Citalopram twice and both times I had a different experience.  Don't worry, it can be like this.  It also took longer second time around for it to kick in.  Just go with it - if it worked before it will again.  Just expect whatever happens - the side effects will pass in time.

K x

• Posted

Hi,

I've started back on cit 4 times. Each time has been different with varying combinations of side effects, strength of side effects and duration of side effects. The medicine is the same now as it's ever been and it gets me there in the end. Staying on it for good now.

If it worked before it'll most likely work again. You'll be right.

Steve.

• Posted

Did you get the frequent urination side effect? I did. Was on this med for 9 yrs, Went off a few months ago. Couldn't handle the side effects at 10, currently on 7.5. Had bad withdrawals yesterday. Going to go down to 5mg as soon as I feel its time. Do you think my body will finally settle out at 5? Hoping the urination thing will finally go away at 5. Did all your side effects go away?

• Posted

Bingo, I was on 10, made me feel so sick and gave me frequent urination, currently down to 7.5, then going to 5. I thought the same thing. I was on it for 9 yrs, never a problem. Only went off a few months ago. When I went back on, my body has completely rejected it. Don't understand. I thought it would be easy

8 wks now, bad withdrawals yesterday. Will just have to keep going. Hoefully when I get to 5mg, the frequent urination will go away. Praying to find peace with my situation and just push forward. Good luck to you, sending prayers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.