Back on the wagon:(

Posted , 9 users are following.

I posted a few months ago with regards being codiene dependant , and I got so much help from here from jayd and others , who day to day really did support me ..

I went cold turkey method for about 2 days and gave in ..

I then tried to taper off , being so determined , then about a week in , and only on about 6 , 8mg cocodamol a day from approx 30 daily easily , I got a sore back and my doctor prescribed me codiene phosphate 30mg and a big bumper pack of cocodamol 30mg too. Well I just caved ..

I'm so gutted with my self I really am ,

Iv probably taken approx 130 in 2 weeks 30mg tablets ..

And only have about 30 odd left .. I've cut my nightly intake in half tonight so hoping to drop down again per day per one tablet less .. Will I ever be able to give up this warm fuzzy feeling , and without replacing it with alcohol or something else. ?.. Feeling really depressed here and down .. Also I find I am really finding it hard to take deep breaths lately , not sure if it's an effect from taking all these tablets for the past 7 years now every day .. I struggle to get a deep breath in till Iv taken a good few and then it will go away .. Or perhaps it's just anxiety too .. I'm not sure either way I feel gutted.. Sorry for the rant , and I had hoped to message better news than this a few months on since my last reply ...

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI... just read this post.

When I came off 90 nurphoen+ a day.... I was massively short of breath for about a month.

Hang in there... you will get off this stuff.

What I have also done is I have contacted chemsits (Once i got off the tablets) and told them to not sell them to me... and I only go to my doc who knew about my addiction.

Its intense but the only way to go.

• Posted

Brianthesnail has some great advice. Genuinely. I contacted the local help place that was on the talk to Frank website because I'm in a similar boat with falling off the wagon.

This time my other half has found out and it's caused a lot of issues at home. Especially after we have just had another baby and the stress levels are already pretty high. I've taken Brians advice and I'm seeking help now. I won't be going to my GP this time though.

I made myself really sick on solpadeine max, and then the ibruprofen version with 12.8g codeine in. I'm currently tapering off them by using standard 30g codeine tablets. I don't think I can cope with any more paracetamol!

It's been harder this time than any other time I've tried to come off them though.

Ugh.

I wish everyone all the best with their own battles. Makes me feel better than we aren't alone.

Sorry for high jacking your post lyndsy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.