Back overactive again

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, so my thyroid have been over active for alot of years i'm 40 this year, i had been on carbimazole for a long time and previously on propylthiouracil (for 7 years) my thyroid measured normal in August 2017 and they took me off medication for the second time (first time it came back after 12 months) my last blood test was in June last year and it was still normal so was discharged from the hospital, just recently i've started to have hand tremors and noticed that during the day my heart rate can get up to in the 120's when im not really doing anything, in my mind im now sure that my thyroid is back to being overactive so have planned a blood teat to check, so I guess the main question for this post is what do i need to ask them to test for? what do i need to ask to get a full thyroid blood test b4 ive just had TFT on the blood form, I would like them to do a full thyroid screening if this is possible.

TIA

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi i have just turned 40 a week before i had hand shaking legs trembling rapid heartbeat of 182 and had lost a lot of weight i am on 120 mg of beta blockers and thyroid tablets what you on 40 mg a day i am on you just ask the doctor for every test going to do with thyroid and not just blood tests i have had lots of blood tests and ECG and a thyroid scan of my neck which showed a goitre which is associated with graves graves disease with a overactive thyroid a autoimmune disease but not everyone gets that I have a echo scan coming up and have a appointment with a specalist in thyroid coming up and probably more test has well then they probably go from there because when you have overactive thyroid with rapid heartbeat they are also looking for other complications like things with your heart not sure what else hope this helps just push for it and they will help

• Posted

sounds a lot like what i was going through, a vicious cycle that keeps repeating itself.

I recently had my thyroid completely shut down. It is a rough road, but in the end I know it

will be to my advantage. what has your Endocrinologist suggested for you?

• Posted

Thank you for your replies, I made an emergency doctors appointment today and she was concerned about my heart rate, she requested some emergency blood tests that I will get the results for next week, she didn't want to start me on anything until she had some results to go by, she has tested for thyroid function however not sure if T3 and T4, glucose and a full blood count, I think she has tested for other things also but didn't tell me what, probably as she knows i would go home and google it and worry until next week, I think this time i'm going to get them to scan for a goiter too as sometimes i have trouble swallowing, if I am unable to request this through the NHS I will have to go private

• Posted

Best of luck to you Lou,Lou. and prayers. She sounds like a good doc.

• Posted

just had a call from the doctors my T4 is 41.2 and my TSH suppressed, back on carbimazole and check in two weeks if heart rate still high beta blockers 😦

• Posted

you should not have to go private for a test to see if you have a goitre and i have a very enlarged goitre but don t have any symptoms like trouble swallowing or problems with saliva and pain you can get that test on the nhs called a ultra sound scan of your thyroid which is the neck part only takes about ten fifteen mins and they measure it all i was given thyroid tablets and heart tablets for racing heart i waiting other test good luck with it all

• Posted

my T4 i was told is over the excess of 100 is that bad any comments

• Posted

Sharon I will ask when i go fie check up with doc in two weeks, over 100 seams very high hope i did google normal range that is 6-12 hope your tablets start working for you soon, what brand of carbimazole are you guys on? last time i was taking it i was on amdipharm as i had trouble with another brand

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.