Back pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

*First, I apologise for my english, its not my main language.

Hello,

I am suffering a back injury already 3 months.

The injury happend when i did pullups- for a period of 2 weeks i felt a slight pain that kept getting worse with time, untill the last time i did pullups (that was also the last time i was doing trained) the pain was very strong that i couldnt continue my workout.

( I am adding a picture of the painful area)

I visited an ortophedist, and he sent me to ultrasound and x-rays, and they were both negative. After that i went to a massage, that didnt help at all... After the massage i went to physiotherapy. It reduced the pain, but i still stayed with pain. The physiotherapist told me to go to Chinese acupuncture. After i did the acupuncture, the lady who did the acupuncture told me to wait 1 week and than check if the pain is gone. Today, 1 week passed, and i still suffer serious pain.

I feel the pain only when the muscle contracts- when i cough, sneeze, when i rotate my arm (at the end of the movement) and i feel the strongest pain when i do pullups.

Does someone know what is that injury, and what can i do to get rid of it?

I am really discouraged....

Thanks, and again sorry for my bad english.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Stop pull ups. Pain will stay longer. You may have pulled muscles, takes time to get better. Go to Poundland buy Ibufren gel get friend to rub on. Take Ibufren tablets get them from Sainsburys, own make cheaprer. 
    • Posted

I am not doing pull ups or any sport activity for 3 months a
    • Posted

Sorry sent by mistake

I am not doing any pull ups or sports already for 3 months and it seems it doesnt help much..

Isnt 3 months enough time for the muscle to recover?

• Posted

Not had for that long. Are you lifting at work? Sometimes we make movements that make it worse. Doctor will say take Ibufren tablets. Must take every day. If not better see him again. Good luck

• Posted

I am not lifting at work.

Is bengay also good?

Thanks

• Posted

Do not know bengay. Ibufren gelI

is the best. Get from 99p shop chemists cost lots. Also  Ibufren tablets Sainsbury, Tesco or Wilkinson cost about 35 pence. 

• Posted

If you cannot understand some words use translation pages from your language to ours. May help if you want to ask doctor questions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.