Back pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi friends anyone else have back pain it won’t go away and it’s giving me anxiety 😢

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I do have it comes and goes but what I have been experiencing is pain pressure in and around my right side of ear head and behind my neck it started a month, does anyone else have this I'm in perimenapause I need all the help I can get

• Posted

Hi, Lois,

I just read your post when I was about to post something similar. I'm so sorry you are in pain!  I have very frequent back pain.  These last few weeks it has been particularly bad and I am attributing it to very low progesterone and estrogen levels, as my last labs showed my hormone levels to be extremely low and my doc said a symptom of very low hormone levels can be back pain.  My lower back, left side has been very tight and has a dull ache.  It seems to be worse before and after my cycle (which is very intermittent these days--I'm 47 and have been in peri for over 5 years, so my periods are all over the place).  

About 10 years ago I suffered a back injury that left me with an L5 herniated disc and kept me out of work for about 8 months.  I feared I would need back surgery, but I had success with oral steroids, epidural steroid injections, continual chiropractic treatments and physical therapy.  However, I have noticed that when I have shifts in hormones, I get an occasional flare of the old injury--tight, knotted muscles, sciatic nerve pain and pain in my lower back and hips.  I truly believe all of this to be related to the variation in hormone levels.

I am trying to treat this naturally as best I can.  I find that light exercise like walking and stretching, warm compresses, and warm showers help loosen up the muscles.  I try to meditate and remind myself that the pain is due to hormonal fluctuations.  I always get very panicked when the back issues come on, as the pain can be extremely stressful and debilitating.  I have BHRT oral and cream as a treatment option, but I'm worried about the side effects from hormone treatment, so I've been hesitant to start.  I will only use if my symptoms become completely unbearable.  

Please know that you're not alone in this.  Try to take some time for yourself and I recommend following a course of natural remedies to address the back pain.  There are some very good topical muscle creams that can also help alleviate some of the discomfort.  Stretching and moving will help, too.  

I hope that you will find some relief and that your anxiety will lessen.  It is so easy to let the health anxiety take over our minds!  On those days, I try to practice deep breathing exercises, go for walks, and try to calm myself by reminding myself that this is all hormonal and eventually it will settle down.

I wish you good health and all the very best!  Please keep me posted on how you're doing!  Big Hugs--Sarah

• Posted

Yes I do and it tends to be upper back also right collar bone and neck also around ear and neck feels stiff turning it to look right

It also feels tender to touch 

I started HRT 6 days ago as the amount of symptoms I was getting was getting me down and making my anxiety really bad 

X

• Posted

Hi Lisa I have been suffering the same symptoms of upper back pain and right collar bone - did yours feel like you'd had the wind knocked out of you? It's like I've fallen flat on my back and can't breathe deeply enough, my ribs ache and I'm so fed up with it. Is your HRT helping? I do hope so x

• Posted

I'm so tired of feeling like I'm sick all the time, I get the collar pain once in a while, but my biggest issue is pain on my right side of ear head neck shoulder constantly some days are little better I'm in perimenapause and I think it's hormones im schedule for a neurologist appointment on Tuesday 

• Posted

To be honest yes the HRT is helping I have less pains and feel like my head is less foggy to cope with this horrible menopause 
    • Posted

Thanks for that Lisa - glad you're starting to improve! This really is the most draining experience and my GP just thinks I'm a hypochondriac as other symptoms come and go - according to him I'm not the right age for menopause as the average age is 52 (I'm 50!) - give me strength lol! Time to change doctors I think!

• Posted

Good luck with your appointment - I too am fed up with feeling ill all the time and I too have right hand neck and shoulder pain which radiates down my arm and breast at times - 2 mammograms were clear. The aches and pains seem to be getting worse and more widespread with every passing month sad
    • Posted

I am 44 and my FSH level is 99 so you are not to young xx
    • Posted

I know - not sure how he thinks my body will be aware that I've turned 52 so I can start menopause lol! Used to think he was a helpful doctor but his patience has obviously run out with me - he ought to try this sometime!!! x

• Posted

Thank you, 

I started maca about 2 days ago they say it's supposed to help with the hormones my obg wants me to go see a cardiologist before she puts me on hrt so I'm going to have a stress test .

• Posted

Yes I got it in December in tandem with my first ever heavy period (im 51). It was different from normal muscle pain and definitely felt hormonal related. All gone now so as was said below seems to be linked to hormonal change
    • Posted

hi arlette im sure im in perimenopause at the moment my periods are all over the place i had a period at the end of nov for just 2 days then 18days later another period which came with revenge really heavy so i know where your coming from and i always anxious and feeling low 
  • Posted

hi lois yes i have the same problem and also hip pain when i walk my hip feels like its clicking 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.