Back pain after 3 months of Non Weight Bearing leg injury

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, I had a tibial plateau and talus surgery on my right leg after a car accident and since Ive been weight bearing again I find it painful in my back to stand or walk longer then 5-10 minutes. Ive been working on it in physical therapy but still have not been able to tackle this. Iam staring a new job that requires more standing and walking and am very nervous about my endurance level. Please any tips would be great thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You have talked to your doctor about it and they didn't find any back injuries after the accident right?Sometimes in a car accident, they focus on the most critical injury (broken ankle) and can miss other smaller ones (wrenched back or neck).

My recommendation would be to look into back strengthening exercises you can do. I also recommend finding a good chiropractor, especially with an accident and then injury, it can mess your entire body up. I have a good one and it has helped me tons over time, including recovering from my broken ankle (got by stumbling). I also recommend looking into massage.Yoga is also good for stretching out the body that could help, even if you need to do it in a chair or bed.

• Posted

hi,

getting back to a reasonable level of fitness with regards to walking standing is a process of time, this phase will take its own time with improving circulation and reduced swelling, you can only influence this by pushing yourself with strength conditioning and regular elevated rest, you will improve but slowly through this phase.

good luck.

• Posted

hi i have been seeing a chiropractor and i definayely think you would see and feel massive benefits from seeing one . with what you are describing . youve got nothing to loose . its bad enough trying to recover from a broken talus . without back problems also . i think you may be surprised at the telief ypu will get . although it can take more tjan just one visit . good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.