back pain and neck pain for years help!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ive been suffering with neck pain , migraines, shoulder inflammation for prob bout 20 years had loads of physio on and off over the years , had sciatica whilst pregnant . Went to natural helth clinic and had some mctimoney chiropractor work on my back 2 years agao but went back bout 2months ago as back painful again she recommende md to get an xray . Went to dr got sent for blood test which is normal , then had lumbar xray which again is normal so wot to do now ?? Still in pain all around hip area and low back , stiff and sore all up spine area feels like I got really tight jacket on , shoulders and neck stiff . Been off work for 4 weeks the nurse where I work say if my back still bad I cant work im a cleaner at center parcs which is very hard work ! How do I no if I can do my job till I try getting really fed up now . Feel if I dont find out wots wrong now I will enc up a lot worse than I am now and im only 44 lifes to short . Need someobe to discuss it with think everyone fed up with me .

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mandy this is my first time in the group so bare with me lol.....do you know of anybody in the group has dizziness with there AS

Thanks Brenda

• Posted

So annoyed had my mri scan few weeks ago which showed no inflammation but at the time my back wasnt hurting but now it has all flared up again starting last monday by friday was in a lot of pain and stifness in my back also my neck and shoulders was really depressed as ii was a day off work and felt really poorly been taking narproxen for the stifness it works for a while but then stops working, so frustrated ive got a rheumatologist sppointment again in jan really wish I knew whats wrong with me seem to have hut a brick wall!! Today ive decided that after xmas I am going to leave my job housekeeping at center parcs it really is killing my back ,, just need to let off steam really want it to all stop and find out y its hurting any advice welcome
    • Posted

Hi Mandy Nigel here try co codamol n paracetamol very good for the pain , it's so annoying the pain as for your job what else will you do my jobs strenuous as well but it's all I know, would live a driving job but with the as my right leg is only good for about half hour then the pain kicks in even my big toe hurts carnt figure that one out . Have they offered you phsio yet might help you dint work for me but we are all different. Give the  job a lot of thought I know it's hard but in my line of thought any job that involves standing or sitting or walking with as is nearly impossible good luck
  • Posted

Just an update, been back to dr still awaiting appointment for physio and appointment for fibromyalgia course. But dr has decided to try me on gabapetin not sure if I wanna go down that route it seems some people it helps but some it dosnt . Hoe long do they rake to start taking effect any information helpfull . Im thinking of starting pilates aswell to help , seem to be going in the right direction but will waut and see what these tablets do mandy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.