Back pain and no help from doctors

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had back pain for around 6 years now been to loads of GPs and they just didn't believe me as I am in early twenties! Finally around beginning of last year I went to another GP and he help some what, gave me some medication and painkillers, referred me to see someone at hospital. Few months later I went to see a consultant and had a MRI. Two months after that, I had a letter from hospital saying that I have mild Scoliosis and have multilevel degenerative changes in cervical spine. Then was invited to go back, I went back to hospital yesterday and the doctor said that there wasn't anything wrong? But yet that was said in the letter? I asked about the letter and she said that I could of lay funny in MRI and that's why my spine was curved? But I was flat!? You have to be! Nothing said about my discs?? I'm very angry and upset that nothing is being done? It was a different person I seen who sent for my MRI scan, could it be different opinions? I'm in pain all the time and have trouble walking for more than 10 minutes or standing for 5? My life is on hold right now!!! I need help, what should I do next??

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I presume that you are in the UK. Were you referred to and seen by MSK?
    • Posted

Derek, Yes I live in UK. I was seen by neurology consultant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.