Back Pain for a month, unknown cause, doctor visits haven't been helpful

Posted , 2 users are following.

One month ago, I woke up with the most severe, intense lower abdominal pain and lower back pain, simultaneously hurting, to the point it was crippling. I took 800mg ibuprofen and managed to fall back asleep. After waking up hours later, the intense pain had subsided. However, the pain was still there and was a constant, deep pain. Moving hurt. Sitting hurt. Lying down hurt. And I'm referring to both my back and my abdomen/groin area. For two weeks, the pain hindered daily activities. The third and fourth week, the pain hasn't been nearly as intense. However, there's still a deep, achy pain that just will not subside. At this point, my back is giving me the most issues. My very lower back, essentially where my glutes are as well, is just in constant discomfort and pain. I went to my primary doctor a few days after the intense pain had woken me up. I was diagnosed with a UTI and given antibiotics. That did not help. I went to another doctor and was diagnosed with a lower back strain and given a steroid pack. That did not give me relief either. I saw a chiropractor a few times just to try it. It didn't help the pain. I visited my gynecologist out of fear of issues in that area. However, right now it is still a ton of waiting (for an ultrasound and papsmear) and wondering. I feel it's worth mentioning that my motivation to see a gynecologist is fueled even more by the fact that i tested positive for HPV two years ago, and I'm a 25 year old woman. A month of hurting constantly and not knowing what's wrong or what to do is taking its toll on me mentally, emotionally and physically. I've had more meltdowns than I care to admit. Coming onto a forum to seek opinions and just to see if anyone else has dealt with similar issues hadn't occurred to me before now, because I'm not trying to get diagnosed by nonmedical professionals or have someone guessing and worrying me more. The thing is, though, I'm desperate and worn down. I need to communicate with people about this. It's only been nearly five weeks of this issue and pains, but when it's constant and eating away at my hopefulness and positivity, I start to realize I can't just rely on doctor visits that end unproductively and a dead end and running me broke. Anyway, this is just a shot in the dark.

Also, I am a healthy person over all. Until this occured, I was working out 5 days a week. Now I'm paranoid to do the one thing that makes me happy, which is exercise, out of fear of hurting myself more. You know, since I have no idea what is wrong.

I don't eat the best, especially lately with my stress, but overall my diet is fine.

I'm genuinely concerned about what my stress and worrying is doing to my body. Stressing about stress is a cycle I don't know how to break.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.