Back pain getting worse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, my back pain is getting worse as I carry on with my physio, should I stop or persevere?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What's the diagnosis?  Why are you going to PT?  What's the root cause of your pain?

• Posted

Hi, just been told it’s severe sciatica, X-ray showed something at L5, S1....

Pain is all across lower back going into hips , walking is quite painful too.

Have got an MRI booked for January 

Thanks

• Posted

The MRI should (maybe) give you a definitive diagnosis regarding the root cause of your main.  I've had this many, many, many times over decades.  Misalignment of hips/pelvis and locked SI joints can all impact the sciatica nerve.  In those cases, a chiropractor fixed me up in a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the cause.

Only one time did were the x-rays and MRI inconclusive so my neurosurgeon had to go in.  Found a bone spur literally crushing my sciatica nerve root at L4/L5.  Decompressive laminectomy and spur removal took 90-minutes, same day procedure, immediate relief...done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.