Back pain had it for 7 years need help greeting off my morphen

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi ive got discs problems , had three injection in lower back , physio , and other treatments and not worked, ive had lots of medication and havent worked , now im on morphen and have been fir 3 years but i want to come off it, dose anyone know what else i can have in place , this what my consultant as put me on

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm assuming you've looked into having back surgery. I don't necessarily recommend it but it might be something to consider. You could also see about getting a pain pump. They deliver morphine directly into you spinal fluid and since it doesn't have to go through your digestive track you don't need very much at all. The difference is with pills your taking milligrams but a pain pump puts in micrograms. About 300% less medication with better results. The bad news... someone recently told me that the UK was going to stop allowing pain pumps. I'm getting one in 11 days. (I live in the US) Some people get results from decompression. Chiropractors and physio will have a decompression table or you can also use an inversion table. You might also try eating an anti-inflammatory diet though I doubt it will help much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.