Back pain IBS location

Posted , 7 users are following.

I suffer with ibs which ALWAYS gets worse when I'm on my period of when my anxiety is worse . I suffer bad with health snxi5.

the last few days I've been suffering with my IBS , I get pains in all different locations from it but I've been having side/back pain in a different area this time . it's in my left side (back ), i have added a picture to try and show the location of it

had anyone else experienced similar pain to IBS? image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

typical IBS and as a female sufferer, speak to your doctor if you're really struggling! for the pain try a decent painkiller you could try nurofen which might stop some of the pain or speak to your pharmacist about an all round tablet to deal with IBS! good luck getting it sorted.

• Posted

Lower back pain is common with IBS; I have had this, but mine was located near the tail bone. IBS pain can be experienced just about anywhere and everyone is different with that. The pain tends to move about. The lower part of the colon wraps round the lower portion of the spine and when the colon is in spasm, pain can radiate to the lower back. I have also had side pain with my IBS both left and right.

• Edited

am going through this right now, i will be getting my period on the 10th, i get pains all over every month but right now its in my back, i cant digest nothing right now and am losing weight, dry mouth and the list goes and my acid reflux is acting up as well, i just dont know what to do but deal with it, i too dealing with health anxiety, i just feel ill in general and my mind is just wondering something maybe wrong but its all leading back to digestive issues. my ibs has been going on since my last period and my period is almost here again and still going through it like last month i had side hip pains and then it radiate into my back.

• Edited

wow you sound just like me !! glad I am not the only one!! my hormones make my anxiety worse , which makes my IBS worse , when then makes my anxiety even worse!! it is such a vicious cycle . always convince myself there is something seriously wrong, and my mind just goes into over drive!!

• Posted

I get pain on both sides in that area around my period. I recently tried kefir yoghurt drink and my bowel movements, pain and bloating has improved so much. I haven't had to take any antispasmodics that I usually do to help with symptoms. The yoghurt drinks work out at about £1 a drink with the usual supermarket deals, but in my opinion really worth it. My stomach has not caused me any issues since trying them. My quality of life is so much better.

• Posted

thank you so much got this. I use to take yoghurt drinks every day and for some reason I just stopped buying them without think f ! now I think about this since stopping them my IBS has definitely got worse ! will 100% be buying some more of these tomorrow

thanks again for this , hopefully this will help me !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.