back pain, is this normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm 10 weeks post pe in my upper and lower right lung. I get intermittent chest tightness but the pain across my upper back seems to be increasing. It is worse when I'm sat down and improves when I move around but gets worse again when I stop and rest. I've had the pain off and on since the pe but it is definitely getting worse. Is this common during recovery does anyone know?

Thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cathy. I'm 7 months pe (my 2nd). I still get back pain sometimes.im tall as well. So that doesn't help.

Also all the weeks in bed didn't help.

See your gp. It shouldn't be getting worse.

Mines an ache. I'm much better from the pe now. You wouldn't know I had it.

How are you overall?

Its a long tiring process...

Everyone is different.

Xx

• Posted

Hi my pe in both lungs 2 years ago resulted in a continuing cough and chest pains, now told I have chronic bronchitis. I suffered back pain pre pe but assumed it was working in a charity shop, sometimes heavy work! I still suffer back pain but am told (not by GP) but therapists it is my "weak point"! Whether there is a connection I don't know but will check this week when I have further treatment.
  • Posted

sorry to hear you are still having pain, see your GP I'm 7 weeks post PE in my lung, have no pain but the exhaustion is terrible, not sure if it is weakness or not, but have to keep stopping and sitting down, as they say everyone is different, take care.
  • Posted

im 5mths post pe and until recently i was not in no pain until april when i was i diagnosed with stage 3 copd and to be honest both pains are very similar so if i was you and your worried please either go back to your doctors or go to the hospital

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.