Back pain meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI has anyone had any good pain relief results from taking zomorph and sevredol I used to take oxycodone and oxynorm but they changed me over. I don't think they do much in the way of helping so just wondered if anyone else thought the same.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i take oxycoton works great snd also 10 mg methodone ots a psin killer not just for drug addicts works great lasts longer

• Posted

the drug you mentioned sevredol is something I have never heard before . But both of the two you mentioned are opiates and if you were on opiates before then the only reason I could see your doctor changing is to reduce your dosage or because you were complaining that what you were on wasn't working and your doctor thought a different brand would work better . honestly when I looked up sevredol it is morphine. it looks to me like your doctor has you on two different forms of morphine. the zomorph is a long-acting morphine and the sevredol must be a short-acting for breakthrough pain. that is a combination most pain management doctors used before the CDC got involved (in the US). it might be that you need a higher dose of your long-acting zomorph to help get better control of your pain. there is also some argument to be made with taking something that has acetaphetamine and opiate such as Percocet. I had to switch from taking percocet to using just oxycodone and I found a definite decrease in the coverage of my pain medicine. But at the time I had a fatty liver and was not allowed to take anything with Tylenol in it. I suppose if you clear it with your doctor you could try taking it couple of Tylenols through the day and see if it improves your pain level. and it's not that I believe the Tylenol itself will act as a pain control efficient enough to take care of your pain but it does something to your system that makes the opiate work better.

• Posted

Thank you for this information. I was on the oxycodone and oxynorm for about 8yrs and it just didn't seem to be helping anymore and the pain management team at the hospital said it would be best to get off of these as soon as possible as they could be doing more harm than good so they swapped me over to zomorph/sevredol same sort of dose but these are just no good so now they want me to reduce and come off these but they are not very helpful with replacing with an alternative medication. my own doctor seems to want to let the hospital to sort me out but I feel stuck and in terrible pain which I've been in over 11yrs now and 4 operations later on my lower back and no where to turn. I've had to learn and limit myself to what I can do but it's getting harder the longer it goes on. thank you all again.

• Posted

MRI YOUR BACK

at least know what you are taking the medication for its like the muppet zone on here if it is nerve pain nerve pain pills otherwise your going to enter the muppet show for sat taking pills and you do not really know why your taking them , hate hearing people on pills and they cant pin point pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.