Back pain, numbness, weakness for 3 weeks now. Advice please!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Tl;dr: I think I hurt my back a few weeks ago and I've been having almost constant weakness and tingling in my arms and legs

Hey all!

I'm starting to get a bit uneasy and hoping someone can tell me if they've experienced something similar or know anything about my symptoms.

I've always had a weaker core/back. I used to work in a nursing and have had a couple pulled muscles, but they usually healed fairly quickly.

I think I hurt my back a few weeks ago while I either was jogging and didn't stretch good enough or from carrying my toddler around constantly.

About 6 weeks ago I started having some back pain with horrible rib pain on my left side and extreme fatigue and numbness down my left arm, my mom ended up taking me to the ER where they did an ekg and everything came back normal, but they didn't do any testing to see my back or anything like that.

It did end up clearing up for a couple weeks but it's came back even worse now.

My back hurts constantly, tingling, burning, weakness right in the middle of my back, my legs and arms get tingly and weak off and on. I'm starting to get a bit uneasy, this has been going on for 3 weeks now. I was wondering if this is what a pinched nerve or slipped disc has felt like for anyone out there or if this is different.

And YES I will go to another doctor if this keeps up. I live in a small town and the closest neurologist is an hour away sadly so it'll take quite a bit of planning to make it happen, so just thought I'd ask for some advice first.

Thanks in advance!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.