Back pain. Please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 16 And I was in a accident 1.5 years ago. I've had lower back pain since. I have 3 bulging discs, one with degenerative disc disease. I've done PT 3 times. And I've had 35 shots in my back total. The pain is getting worse. And I also get pain in my right leg. And I don't have complete feeling on my right side. Do you think surgery should be considered? Please give me your thoughts.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sariah, I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain at such a young age. Are you in the UK? I would recommend osteopathy as a coping mechanism but it sounds very much to me that yes you are going to need surgery and the sooner the better as 1.5 years on from the accident you are not improving. Do as much research as possible to find a really good spinal surgeon and insist on being treated by him/her. Good luck, God bless and do keep in touch. D
    • Posted

I'm in the US and thank you so much. I'll start checking around and talking to my parents more. They are just as scared as me. But something needs to be done.

• Posted

Hang in there... which country? That sound real scary, but think of it like this, the disc pain goes away once the disc dies off. I hope if you were not at fault in the accident your family sued!!
    • Posted

The disc can be shrunk and it will dry up and die which gets it off the nerves and such. My dad aged 40 had tremendous issues and it went away with emergency neuro surgery now no pain
  • Posted

The Morris Spinal Stenosis and Disc Center in Santa Monica, Ca. Can help you with that!!! Are you in Southern California? Call him!!! I was just reading another patient with very similar issues she is much better now. Or possible recommendation. But call him!
  • Posted

And thank you to everyone else. But does anyone know any good place to have surgery in Nevada area?
    • Posted

don't do surgery call Dr. Morris first. You may just need a trip or two (fly). Maybe he can recommend. Call him!

• Posted

So here is an update. I am unable to go to the doctor in California. It's just not possible at this time. And other than that I am scheduled for an epidural on the 8th. Can someone please talk to me more about an epidural. I'm afraid of getting another shot in my back. Please tell me if you had an epidural for back pain/bulging discs and tell me about your experience. Please tell me everything I should expect. Just everything. I'm pretty scared, and I just want to know more.

• Posted

Sariah, why are they having you get an epidural for a bulging disc?? I cant think of any risky reason why. I have had that done to have my baby girl. I wouldn't do that unless you really felt its necessary. Epi means below and so most likely they plan on giving this to you to numb you from the waste down? What for? Epidurals are known to give off side effects. To more people than they will tell you. commonly they will make you sit up way too soon then you should which will give you THE WORST headache you'll ever experience. I know I went thru it. I also lost my eye sight for 3 weeks because he injected the drug too far into spine. Eye area! I'm not trying to scare you but I'm being honest this happened to me. I had to read on this to find out if ill see again. Not fun! So find out why its so necessary and don't believe everything. Get a second and third opinion! Its YOUR BODY!!! let me know what they say! Ill pray for you!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your support and your information. I'll ask a lot of questions and get more opinions. Because I never liked the thought of getting an epi. Again, thank you so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.