Back pain relieved by leaning forward

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey all

I've had back pain for over 4 months and seems to be relieved by leaning forward, putting this into google shows up pancreatic cancer, is there any other explanation then this?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with lumbar spinal stenosis 7 months ago and find that leaning/bending forward will lessen the pain.  That is a very common finding with spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal, in my case due to arthritis).  Please ido some more googling to see if this matches any of your symptoms.  
  • Posted

I doubt very much it would be Pancreatic Cancer. The pain would not go away by bending forward. You would have been admitted to Hospital as the main is unbearable. Get your GP to do full blood tests and a renal ultrasound to rule out pancreas, kidneys, bladder or Prostate (if a male)
  • Posted

Hi

Far more likely to be lumbar spine problems, a disc protrusion or something similar. My spinal problems started the same way, leaning forward was the only way to lessen the pain.  Are you male or female, age etc.

Regards

John

• Posted

I'm a 26 year old male, story is I was having stomach ache which radiated to my back, my gp sent me to get a camera down my stomach to which they found some irritation,  I started getting lighter stools,  I've had a liver blood test ( they also checked my pancreas) to which all is fine, I've had a ultra sound , all was ok apart from they couldn't see my pancreas. I'm not sure if I sound ask for another test. All I have now is this ache in my back, it's normally always on my left, today it changed to my right side, later this evening it back on my left side. 
    • Posted

It sounds very similiar to my symtoms. Mine first started as a pain in the left side and sometimes radiated to the right. Had all the tests and all OK. I thought it was my pancreas as well. I stop all alcohol for 2 months. The paid did go away for a while but came back. Now its radiating from mid back region. Leaning does give relief. I now have found that going for a walk (10 laps around a Football field) at 5.30am each morning stops most of the pain. Its possibly all coming from your spine. Try walking and sitting upright as much as possible. I was also taking 2 Voltaren before bed to help with sleep. It seems to be getting better, all but slowly.
  • Posted

Hi i am experiencing the exact same problem and worry to it is pancreayic cancer did you find out what it was?
  • Posted

Have you consulted doctor about it??

Internet can give you wrong information which may miss guide you. Have you tried any med for it because mu wife was prescribed for Soma pain killer for her back ache. 

• Posted

It's really a good story to relieve a back pain. But for the back pain, people can use wraps like back pain wraps, ice wraps, and those people who suffer from back pain problem, they can contact

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.