Back pain tailbone pain burning sensation in back lump next to coccyx

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past week I have had a painful coccyx and pain just above my coccyx to the right hand side. I have also had pelvic pain not sure if this is related as I had the pelvic pain before the coccyx pain..i have spent the past year scrunched up on a sofa and wake up every day with a bad neck and bad back now I have pain in neck when I tip my head back and pain all the way down to my spine to my coccyx..i went to the doctor and he felt my back and said it felt really tense and to try and sleep on the floor instead of the sofa and i have to have some blood tests and he said it could be the nerves.i have done this over the past few days but the coccyx pain is still there. The other day I was laying down and it felt uncomfortable like there was a lump so I felt down by my coccyx and it feels like there is a lump there although I've never felt my coccyx before so not sure if this is normal. Today I have been sitting down most of the day and my lower back, coccyx, pelvis top of my legs are burning. There is also stabbing pains above my coccyx to the right hand side..has anyone had his before

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear this as back pain is so terrible and I live with it daily. Can I ask why you are sleeping on a sofa? This doesn't provide proper support like a bed so could be behind or a contributory factor of your pain.

You don't need to have a firm mattress as nowadays the emphasis is on having one which is the most comfortable for you. Mine is a medium soft and I find it very comfy.

Have you tried doing any exercises? There are plenty on the net for back issues. I was sent to physio for my problems but all they did was say oh it's mechanical not nerve related so they just gave me a list of back exercises. I am going to visit an osteopath even though I have to pay for it as I have learnt from long experience that the NHS doesn't do backs.

I hope some of this helps you a bit. x

• Posted

Ok so long story short I split from my ex and he threw me and my children out I was homeless and my friend took me in but only had one room which my children have and me and my friend sleep on the sofa..i have now purchased a single mattress which I put in the living room and have been sleeping on that for the past week and my back is better yet I still have burning in my bum cheeks and back of leg and still bad pelvic pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.