Back pain update, should i ski?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I’m 15 years old and I’ve had back pain for a while so i went to an orthepedist and it turns out i have a herniated disc. My family is going on a ski trip this week and i don’t know if i should ski. I’m really scared of falling and making it worse But i reaalllyyy want to ski. What should i do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm in a similar predicament, I am meant to fly out to France/Swiss Alps on Saturday to snowboard, but seriously injured my knee 3 weeks ago. It is healing well, I was advised no sports for 3 months but to see how it was for my holiday. So it wasn't completely ruled out.

I'm going to try and ride and take it super easy, stick to greens and if you feel pain just stop and rest. 

As long as your real careful and don't push yourself I would try. Pain is your body telling you to stop.  

• Posted

NO! Do not ski.
    • Posted

herniated disk.  one fall and you could damage your spinal cord.  NO!!
    • Posted

I’m going to ski one easy bunny slope and see how i feel... if it hurts too bad i will just stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.