Back pain V's ovarion cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I wrote on here a few days ago regarding an ovarian cyst finding. I'm still waiting for my referral and had my CA 125 bloods taken yesterday.

The reason the cyst was found was down to an MRI I had for my back which found a slipped disc also.

My left hand side is absolute agony and the pain is deep in my abdomen, in my bottom and running down my leg. The top of my leg ( the thigh area) is so numb and extremely itchy. Sitting is agony!! I'm on plenty of strong pain killers and currently signed off work ( I'm a carer).

My question is the disc was found a month ago now and although the pain has improved many of the symptoms are still there. Could these symptoms be the ovarian cyst ( the cyst is on the right ) not on left where all the pain is. Has anyone else had anything similar?

It's currently 4:33 in the morning. As you can see I'm struggling to sleep for worrying myself silly. I'm really struggling to cope 😢.

Any reassurance very very welcome. Thank you

Best wishes

Vicky

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky

I hope this will be reassuring. It's unlikely to be the cyst, and sounds much more like nerve related back pain, very likely connected to the disc trouble. Even if the disc has sorted itself it can affect the nerves and produce sciatica or a thing called meralgia paraesthetica. This makes the front of your thigh down to your knee feel like it's burning or freezing or being stung. ask me how I know! That's the good news, the not so good news is that it can take a LONG time to go. I've been told up to 18 months. But you should go back to the GP and maybe ask for

referral to pain management, now that the MRI has happened. This is the route I'm on, after 10 years of on and off back issues. They will try cortisone injections, but not until the cyst has been sorted, ah well...Sorry if this isn't encouraging, but it's not as 'internal' or scary as thinking it comes from the cyst...

• Posted

Thank you so much for you words of reassurance. I think because I'm waiting for results for the cyst I'm panicking and over thinking things. Yes your right, the pain is more in my bottom and leg than in my back. One minute I feel like I'm making progress and it's improving and the next I'm in horrendous pain and can only lay down to relieve it.

Sorry you've had to wait so long for a resolution and I really feel for anyone that has this pain. It can be so debilitating.

Best wishes

Vicky

• Posted

Hi Victoria I was up too having a cuppa wish I had read This so sorry .sounds like your pain is coming from your slipped disc and not the cyst doesn't it ? Is disc skipped on left side ?my mum had pain in bottom and thigh too.im waiting at the Drs to ask about this bleeding.my periods are all over the place and im49 I had vaginal scan last Tuesday and started bleeding that morninh after a very scanty spotting period so unlike me heavy with clots usually !! Scan showed thick womb lining and I've been bleeding ever since.peri ? Stress? Cyst ? Who bloody knows it's always a huge worry when something untoward starts happening isn't it.xxx
    • Posted

Hello thank you so much for the reply. Yes the disc slip is on the left and the ovarian cyst is on the right.

Poor you it sounds like your really going through it. The unknown can be so scary. Eve five keeps telling me to be positive and stop thinking the worst but it's easier said than done. I'm petrified!!

I hope you get some answers soon.

Always here and often awake in the middle of the night if you ever want a chat?

Best wishes

Vicky xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.