Back pain when I bend backwards

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I had a lumbar puncture done back in May followed by an epidural blood patch about a week or so later. It cleared the headache and I don't really have any issues with headaches anymore. However, since the blood patch I feel this pressure in my lower back and I feel this lower back pain when I bend backwards, the farther I bend the more it hurts. Does anybody else experience this? Wondering if I should go and have it checked out or if its something that will go away with time, however, I feel it should have gone away by now. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Lumbar punctures are no fun!  I would definitely give your doctor a call.  3 months that pressure should be gone, I would think.  Good luck to you. 
  • Posted

im having this problem! i think i had a leak and needed a blood patch but i was brushed off. i dont have a headache or anything anymore, i have pressure in my ears and a weird pain when i arch my back. its dull and achey-doesnt really bother me. im glad i am not alone but i am 2 months out of my LP-so i dont even know if should wait it out or not either

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.