Back pain with costochondritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone who has back pain as the main symptoms tell me where the site of the pain is, what the pain is like and what helps. Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have back pain along the right side across the bra line area I use cryoderm and go for massages & chiro

• Posted

Hello, Thank you for your reply.  I am just trying to work out what might be wrong.  I am waiting for an upper endoscopy, as the doctor suspects I might have some sort of mobility disorder of of the digestive system  I already have IBS and diverticular.  I am 70 years old and have degeneration of the spine, arthritis in the neck and knees,  plus digestive issues which are bloating, some burping and so on.  They seem somehow to connect to the back as the pain in the back, which is much worse than the digestive symptoms, often but not always occur together.  The pain I have is just inside the bottom of the shoulder blade both sides going down from there and slightly up.  Also pain further up in the middle, but then I do as mentioned have neck problems.  I often have to undue my bra, as I get a pain which seems to go round the body,  makes it feel very tight  Is this the sort of pain you get.  I cannot take anything stronger than paracetamol, although I do have some ibuprofen gel.  I am not  supposed to use this, at least only now and then.  MY gp does not seem concerned and when she examined me said, as it is very sore to the touch in quite a few places it would be muscular.  A couple of months ago I had soreness and pain across the chest and right down the sternum,  she did mention something about costo but never actually diagnosed it.  The chest and Sternum has improved but it is the back pain that really gets me down.  It does not really affect me at night, although I don't sleep that well.  I suffer from anxiety which does not help and may be part of the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.