Back pain with LPR or REFLUX

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Some of you will know me and my problems with possible LPR.  One thing I keep forgetting to ask.  Does anyone get back pain with this condition between the shoulder blades really.  I am trying to decide whether this is reflux or pain from my neck/spine OA.  Sometimes the pain comes after eating but sometime after doing housework carrying shopping etc.  There is no chest pain but I did read somewhere that back problems can make reflux worse.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It also sounds like Gallstones, ya might want to get your Gallbladder checked
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.  I must admit I did wonder about gallstones although the pain is both sides sometimes left is worse sometimes the right.  I did mention this to my gp but she seemed to think that I would have much more pain and sickness.  I am waiting for an appointment for a barium swallow.  Appointments here seem to take ages to come through.  I will mention it again to my gp.  It is hard to know when you have more than one condition just what is causing what.  I had an xray on the spine earlier this year which showed degeneration right down the spine.  My gp said that this would cause muscle problems which is why I thought that might be the cause of the pain.  I notice the pain especailly on the left side after hoovering or picking up my grandson which I am not supposed to do, but you do when they are little.
  • Posted

Agree sounds like gallstones to me also. Get checked out.
    • Posted

Thank you Janet74211   Yes I might have to.  At the moment still waiting for barium swallow appointment.  Appointments to hospital take ages here and are getting worse.  I have just got appointment for orthopaedics.  I have been waiting since July and my appointment is next month finally after lots of  phone calls, appointment for wrong clinic etc.  My husband has been through the same waiting 4 months for new hearing aids still not got them.  I don't think my gp will refer me for gallstones scan until I have had the barium swallow.  
    • Posted

Give it a go, say you would like an ultrasound done. Sadly we have to push all the time. When you do get any appointments always ask to be put on the reserve list in case anyone drops out. Good luck with it.
  • Posted

Yes I get A lot of back Pain,and Chest pain.I thought it was My reflux,But now Gp.thinks it could be My Heart.I'm really concerned about it,as Feeling Quite unwell with it.Have had an Exray,and ECG.and Been to see Heart Nurse at the Hospital.But Still have not been diagnosed with Anything..I am being treated for Both Complaints which I am not very happy about....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.